Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Whatever!

Friday, April 22, 2005

Whatever!

Let me explain who I am and why I am the way I am. Especially with the understanding that many people already think I’m strange…think that I’ve completely lost my mind. A lot of people would consider me arrogant and wonder what gives me the authority to say what I say or in the context in which I’m saying this…type what I type. Well, if I can take a moment and be transparent with you. I had to go to hell to be able to walk in the authority that I walk in today. I just about lost my mind, when I think about how far away I had gone from the Lord. I know that it was no one but Him that got me thru what I went thru. I’m still meditating on John, the 2:1-5, which says,

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the
mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his dis-
ciples, to the marriage. And when they had run out of wine, the mot-
her of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto
her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come.
His mother saith unto the servants WHATEVER HE SAITH UNTO
YOU, DO IT!

As I said before, the Lord will allow you to run out of your own stuff. When I was out doing any and everything with everyone, the Lord didn’t stop me. When I was in my mess doing my own thing thinking that I was getting away with “murder.” I wasn’t getting away with anything. The Lord allowed me to run out of my wine. As it says in the text, Jesus was there throughout the wedding. No one asked Him for a thing until after they had run out of their stuff. When I ran out of my own stuff…I told the Lord, and I remember this as if it were yesterday…whatever, and I meant whatever! I had gotten tired of fighting His will for my life. I had fought it throughout my teenage years and then during my entire matriculation at Morehouse. After I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, because you have to understand, the world’s way is never going to give you peace. The world’s way of vicarious sex and drugs isn’t going to give you lasting joy. That’s one of the main reasons why you have to search for more _____ the next night, because the orgasm or the “high” from the cocaine or marijuana wears off. What you’re really looking for can only be found in Christ and the peace that you’re looking for can only be found in the comforter, the Holy Spirit. Since the day that I told him whatever, God has completely opened up doors that hadn’t opened up before. When I said whatever, it released God to be God fully and completely in my life. The scripture says in the book of Proverbs, “death and life are in the power of the tongue.” It’s amazing that we already have the authority to speak life, we already have the authority to change situations just by the words we speak, but we choose, rather, to speak words of death. Your situation is whatever you say it is. Your health is whatever you say it is. I know your spouse or your children may be working your nerves, but they are whatever you say they are. I dare you to set the atmosphere in your home and speak words of life over your children. Speak words of life over your spouse; speak words of life over every circumstance that you may be dealing with today. Because it is whatever you say it is!
He’s proven Himself to me, over and over again, so I must confess that whatever He says do, I’m going to do no matter the cost! There should be no hesitation in launching out into the deep because if He’s calling you into the deep, then He is already out there waiting for you to show up! So whatever He says…!

In Hot Pursuit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters