Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: STANDIN' STRONG

Monday, February 27, 2006

STANDIN' STRONG

I wake up every morning with new grace and mercy
I thank God for that cuz I know I'm not worthy
I pray for the sick, I pray for the hungry
For the struggle of the man who can't find no work
See, it's a blessing that I stand for this purpose
Cuz there's a child out there who feels that they're worthless
It's not by accident cuz we know where church is
But we'll stand much stronger if we provide more service
Try to uplift, get the ones off da block
Free the black man from the sight of C-block
Stop being depressed, stressed, and oppressed
We're stronger than what society tells us so don't let that digest.

Come forth 2 Come out KNOW that you're the best
Leave a legacy before you lay yo soul to rest
Look towards the future even tho it might not suit ya'
But think about the kids, don't hang yo suit up
Instead of dealing to yo people watching them get high
Kneel with yo people & pray to the MOST HIGH
You gotta believe that you can achieve
The struggle stops here so to the top we proceed
Educate, meditate, and appreciate
Know that good things come to those who wait
Don't depend on the gov't or even the next man
Trust in the LORD and give all that you can
Know that divided we fall, but together we stand
Separate we can't but together we can.

I'm like "Neo" I believe I am the 1
Standing up leading this Nation back to the chosen Son
I might take some cuts, a few knicks and bruises
But with the mission complete satan is the one who loses
I put rap on my back and the weight of the black
I'll lead all the true soldiers who are ready for combat
No more defense
With the authority, we'll set up for the Offense
To the enemy's camp lace ya boots and let's go!
To the darkest valley's, and the grimiest alley's
We are working on the "come up" that's why the mad "B"
Truth be told your soul not sold
Long as you walk by faith not the yellow brick road
We stand as a force they'll see they're wrong
Our past leaders did it through weak times so let's continue to Move on
There's strength through weakness dunny!!!
We're still STANDIN' STRONG!

Tavon aka Da Warrior

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Powerful! Keep on expressing yourself through the gift of poetry...your style!!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How awesome! Well put Tavon! You have a true gift!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always so exciting for me to watch the Lord oose from you - especially in your unique style of poetry. From One poet to another, son keep letting your flows go wherever God wants them to take you!

Mom

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters