Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: THANX IN ADVANCE

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

THANX IN ADVANCE

As I ride toward home I think of what awaits me, a house, more cars, money in abundance, and my dog, but something is missing,
How could I forget the gift, the one thing I have searched far and long for,
The one thing that when I found it I almost didn't believe that I did,
She changed the bachelor into a husband, the ladies man into a one woman man, the playa' into a father,
God I just wanna say thanx for a few blessings that You have given me;
Thanx for giving me a new lease on a life that was almost certain to end in disaster,
Thanx for helping me believe in You again when my faith had wavered ever so slightly to the point that I felt like I was not deserving of your unconditional love, grace and mercy,
Thanx for the beautiful woman you have sent me to be my wife,
For her patience and vision to realize that I was a work in progress,
That I was still a man with a vision though I could not see my way for the doubt and darkness, Thanx for her reassurance in me and her undying love,
Thanx for my beautiful son and his life given to him,
Thanx for making me the perfect man to be his father,
For only You know the struggles that I went through as a kid not havin' a father,
Thanx for the person who died so that he may reach this world safely,
Thanx for the years that I will spend being a model black husband, father, and man,
Showing other males that its nothin wrong with bein a genuine man and not what society expects us to be,
Thanx for the years me and my wife will spend together in matrimony,
Be it happy days, sad days, arguments, and the things we will face together,
Thanx for the people whom will lie on me,
The people whom will make an attempt to put asunder what you have joined together before the foundations of the earth,
Lord, I thank you for each one of their lives for they will make me stronger and make our love for one another grow stronger,
Thanx for the house, job, cars, and my son's life that you have entrusted into my care while here on earth,
I'm humbled that you would pick someone like me to be guardian over these fragile items,
Thanx for my rugged past that prepared me for a tranquil future,
It's February 14, 2006 and these things have not taken place yet,
But thanx for your time and your perfect timing,
I just had to tell you thanx in advance
Amen

by
YoungSlim21

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW THAT WAS A POWERFUL REFLECTION OF THE WAY HE SEES HIS LIFE TOMORROW! IT'S AMAZING HOW YOUNG PEOPLE, IF WE WOULD JUST TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN, CAN SEE WHAT GOD HAS LAID IN FRONT OF THEM. OFTENTIMES IT'S MY GENERATION WHO STANDS IN THEIR WAY BY THINKING THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY! JOB WELL DONE YOUNG SLIM 21 JOB WELL DONE. PASTOR RICH KEEP RAISING THE GENERATIONS. THEY SO DESPERATELY NEED SOMEONE LIKE YOU IN THEIR LIVES!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's hand is definitely on this young man's life. Please keep him covered in prayer Pastor Rich! He's definitely on the rise. He shall do great and mighty exploits in so doing, many in his generation will come to know the Lord and yet Keep it Real!
Be Blessed,
MB

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Such powerfula nd strong words. You really made me reflect on my life and the many times I forget to say "than you". Keep up the good work - I am sure we will hear more from you!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you, Prophet of God! I too thank you for reminding me that we must give thanks in all things...the good, the bad, and the ugly! You are doing something so many of us forget to do...speak those things that are not as though they were!! I encourage you to continue speaking as the Spirit of God moves you! There are so many that need a word of encouragement, a word of hope, and a word of life! Thank you for being you and continue to let the Lord reign in all you do!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters