Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Move! Get Out The Way!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Move! Get Out The Way!

Reach up to your destiny! I've heard this statement before and it resounds ever so loudly in my mind as we are on the verge of a new terrain! For those who dare to break the boundaries of the impossible, the sky is the limits! I discovered something in the process of completing my first novel a few weeks ago. Are you ready to find out what I discovered? Pay close attention because it's real deep! "I was the one that was holding up the project, no one else!"

It's amazing to discover that it was me and no one else that was to blame for the manuscript being in the same place that it had been in. I had allowed insecurity and intimidation to grab hold of me and by the time those emotions took over, fear was right there holding me hostage. I didn't think it was good enough, I had excuse after excuse for why I couldn't take things to the next level, when finally I "came to myself" and realized that I've read some books that were full of crap and the author had published over five books, so what was I waiting on?

When that reality set in I, in the words of our youth, "got on my grind" and I found an editor who fit with my aims and ideals. We emailed back and forth and then it was TIME to "move and get out the way!" As a matter of fact, the editor just emailed me and told me to let her do what she does and not to worry! (easier said than done) But this is a good test because I had to learn that I couldn't do projects such as this on my own. I had to find skilled people who were professional and who had business savvy!

Oftentimes when we are proceeding into a project like this we'd prefer family and friends to go with us for the ride, but sometimes our family can serve as our detriment and can lead to our premature death! So beware and pray before asking certain close friends to join you for the journey! MOVE yourself aside and let the professionals do what it is they do! If I had never come to this realization, I'd still be trying to do everything myself and I'd probably get frustrated, as I've done on three or four previous projects, and throw in the towel. WELL, NO MORE!

I've removed myself from the equation and I challenge you; NO, I dare you to do the same! Watch God operate when you finally hand in your resignation!

Now this is real talk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed once again Pastor Rich B! At first I thought you were gonna break out a Ludacris verse, based on the title, "Move, Get Out The Way." :-) This subject speaks to me as well as I believe I stand in my own way of my aspirations and goals, until I watched the movie, "The Secret." It's a must see for those that are serious about what they want and desire out of life, the relationships, finances, spirituality and much more! Life is too short for us to go through it casually. I heard Les Brown say, "if you go through life casually, you'll become a casualty." So go for it, if not now, when? You won't make it out of life alive. Get out of that comfort zone and make it happen! For those interested in watching "The Secret," log on to www.thesecret.tv. Rich B, can a Brotha get a complimentary copy of your book??? Just kidding, you know I got your back and will support your art of writing! :-)

06
Dre'

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters