Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: THE ENCOUNTER

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

THE ENCOUNTER

In life there are defining moments that become suspended in time. Time appears to stop as transformation takes place and then, all of a sudden, you go back to a state of normalcy, if you can ever remember what "normal" was. Well, let me get right to it, I witnessed a miracle this weekend, no, maybe it would be better if I called it a revolution but then, I could say that it was a cataclysmic "take over!" I know you are probably saying to yourself, "what is he talking about?" What I'm talking about is THE ENCOUNTER!

When I first heard about this event, the only reason I agreed to attend was because one of my mentees had been insisting that I travel with him for the past two years. The reason why he was so insistent was because his father had attended this "retreat" and from that one retreat, his father's life has never been the same! So, to avoid having to keep being asked, I agreed this summer to attend but truly didn't know what to expect.

To hear my mentee talk about his father and how much his father had changed truly did cause me to question just what actually takes place at this event so as the time approached, I became very interested in seeing just what takes place at this thing called THE ENCOUNTER. Honestly, I didn't think that I would be able to find the time to attend this because of the distance and the travel. I don't like driving distances longer than four hours, so in a way I didn't think that I'd ever be able to attend. But, as fate would have it, my schedule made time by canceling other engagements because there was something deep inside that needed to experience this event for myself!

THE ENCOUNTER was nothing like I thought it would be. I'm used to attending conferences so I went with the mindset of being "preached" too, but that didn't happen. When I say ENCOUNTER, that's exactly what it was, an ENCOUNTER with God! Most people search their entire life looking for a face-to-face with God, the Father, and I experienced it this past weekend. I won't graphically depict what actually took place but what I will say is MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

Stay tuned for more Real Talk about THE ENCOUNTER!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pstor Rich, Missed you in church on Sunday, but it seems you had the time of your life, can you tell me more, about your mountain top experience, I feel like i'm falling off a cliff again!!! HELP

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in tears……..that Word was for me………MY NAME was written ALL over that! What I have been going through this past week – I never said a word to you or anyone about it….but you addressed EVERY bit of it in today’s “special edition”.
I am going to print it out and save it….thank you.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters