Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Thank You

Monday, September 04, 2006

Thank You

At at time when so much is going on around the world, take a moment and just thank the Almighty for your health, your strength and your sound mind! Sometimes we take for granted the little things of life but remembering what took place in New Orleans just one year ago causes us to realize and understand that whatever the case is in our individual lives, things could be so much worse. This is a simple realization but a realization that very few of us can grasp because so many of us didn't have to live through the ordeal. Our only "take" on the situation has been from pictures and the media, but to have lived the experience of having lost everything including some family and friends is not only earth shattering but provokes an assessment whereby one has to reevaluate priorities!

I thank God for where I am today and for family and friends! I stand because there are many who laid a foundation for which I am able to launch from, however, I don't forget the shoulders upon which I stand. The lives who gave their own blood and sacrifice so that I could have the opportunities afforded to me at this stage in my life. I'm here because of the stability that my parents gave me in their pursuit to ensure that my sister and I attained higher education and have used our collegiate experiences to gravitate towards the things that drive the passion the burns within us.

I didn't make it here on my own and I say THANK YOU to everyone who has played a part in my life, but not just my life but for those who have given towards the struggle for opportunity. Those who weren't satisfied with the way things were but looked forward to a brighter day for those who were coming behind. THANK YOU!

In spite of everything that has taken place in our lives and in the history of this country, we couldn't be where we were if were not for the many faces that will go into the history books as the unknown soldiers who fought for a better tomorrow! Again, I say thank you!

Now that's real lyfe talk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters