Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: The Me against the World Mentality

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Me against the World Mentality

(A letter to a son in a lockup facility)

What’s going on? I’m praying for you and I believe that this time in lock-up will do you some good. I didn’t say that I want you to stay locked up, but whatever it takes, I want you to get the point that you’re better than this low-life mentality that is out in these streets. Look at it like this, how do you know that God isn’t protecting you from yourself? How do you know that God isn’t keeping you from death? You don’t know what the enemy has planned for you out in the streets, so thank God in everything that you go through. You could be dead right now, but God allowed you to stay alive, why? He has a purpose and divine destiny for your life. Before your mom and dad hooked up, God had you in mind. That’s why there is no illegitimacy in God; you were orchestrated to come forth before the world was made. You aren’t a mistake and for you to have such a low viewpoint of you, now God has to allow you to have some time to yourself, because too many people are counting on you to COME FORTH!

I don’t think you really believe me when I tell you that I love you like you’re my own, but I do!!! I can’t express in words just how much you mean to me. If I were only with you because I had an ulterior motive, you’d be able to know because I wouldn’t have any love for you right bout now! If I were trying to get something from you, you’d be able to tell, cuz I wouldn’t want to mess with you until you got out of jail. But, I look at you, as if my blood is running through your veins and nothing you can do will ever make me change that perspective. That’s why I can’t give up on you. Our relationship is a God thing! Nothing else. Some days, believe me, I want to throw my hands up cuz of how much trouble you keep getting into. I don’t understand your logic when making decisions cuz you continue fu#$ up, but you know what? I won’t stop loving you because this is what fathers do. I learned it from my dad. You’re my son…and when you have kids (and you will someday) I want you to understand what your responsibility is. It goes further than cumin’ up in a woman son. It goes further than teaching them (if it’s a boy) how to get a woman…or how to dress nice for the boys (if it’s a girl). It goes further than teaching them how to look “fly” but, you have to go deeper and proclaim to them who they are by speaking vision and destiny into their lives. That’s what I do for you. I don’t waste my time telling you how to get a woman…that’s not my focus. My time with you is always telling you who you are! Even when you mess up, I don’t spend my time telling you what you did wrong, but I challenge you to see yourself the way God sees you. My time is spent trying to get you to see the bigger picture of how you fit into God’s world. Jeremiah 1: 5, tells you all you need to know, and then some. Your whole entire life was planned out before you got here. And you’re here for God’s purpose…not to get in good with the sista’s and kick it! I know it’s all fun, but there comes a time when you realize that all good things must come to an end.

Look at me son, look at my transition, although I don’t get rowdy anymore, you know my past, you know how I used to “get down!” Furthermore, you also know that just because I don’t participate in “sex acts” any longer it doesn’t mean that I don’t entertain the thoughts from time to time. I used to be bad, I tell you guys all the time how much of a “HO” I used to be. I used to put on a performance for other to cover up my pain. And it wasn’t really that, it was my anger towards the man that molested me. It was my frustration towards those who said they loved me, but I felt they left me uncovered, I felt they could have seen that something was wrong with me, but were so caught up in their own life, they refused to see my tears. All that sexin’ I was doing was because someone violated me and I never wanted to deal with the “REAL” besides, I didn’t know how! Sounds a lot like we have something in common because your major problem is that you have some anger and stuff locked up inside you towards some people that you love. You have some major issues that need to be addressed with some people in your family that you thought they were supposed to protect you and they didn’t and it’s causing the “little boy” inside to cry out for help…and because it seems as if no one hears you, you lash out through crime because you’re trying to fend for yoself cuz you see things as the song says, “Me Against the World.”

I am challenging you today; get a different viewpoint or perspective of life. Your vision as to how you see things is too small. Take this time in lock-up to ask God to reveal to you who you really are. It’s one thing to read it but it’s another for God to reveal it to you. I Love you and we’ll be in contact!

You’re an anointed man of God with a divine destiny. Don’t forget it!

Love you 4 life, it’s not you against the world…if God is for you, He’s more than the world against you!

Love you son…brighter days are ahead!

1 Comments:

Blogger WalkerGirl919 said...

Thank you for being real in this letter. I honestly feel that it is time that we as the Body of Christ address issues that imperative to the survival of our children. We must keep it real with our youth. If we don't, the world will and we cannot allow the world to continue to devour the next generation.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters