Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: TI - The King

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

TI - The King

This is the day that many young people throughout the country have been waiting for! The hip hop rap artist, TI, releases his long awaited CD entitled, The King! I can't act like it's all young folks cuz keepin it all the way real, I've purchased mine already! I, as a youth minister, cannot ignore a phenomenon. If I continued to listen to James Cleveland and sing songs such as, "then sings my soul..." Then I'd be missing the mark! I've purchased my CD and do intend on dissecting this CD backwards and forwards so that I can understand even greater what the "game" is all about in this day and age.
One of my mentees called me this morning from Columbus, Ohio and told me that they had been listening to the music online and how good they thought the CD was, so I can't comment until later but this craze won't go away anytime soon because TI's movie comes out this Friday. I, will be viewing it on Sunday afternoon so that I can, again, be involved in the conversation that goes forth in the days and weeks to come. Please don't be alarmed religious people, it's all good, I am not compromising my standards but what I'm doing is perfecting my craft on being a fisher of men! If the fish are biting at worms, why would I try to catch them with spiders? Huh? It makes no sense to do such a foolish thing! In this time and season I'm thinking smarter and not working harder!
Some folk in the church might not like or agree with my tactics and quite honestly I don't care. I've been at this for quite sometime now and it's quite effective. If some of you think that I've lost my way, do what you do best---PRAY! To those who understand my plight, join with me in understanding the dialogue of the next generation of leaders because whether you realize it or not, these are our leaders not just tomorrow but TODAY as well.
Isn't it amazing how hip hop artists proclaim who they are more than our own pastors????
Now that's straight up talk!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you Pastor Rich. In order to reach our youth, we gotta find out what they're listening too. Otherwise, we'll just be spinning our wheels! This in no way compromises who we are in Christ, this is what Christ did when He walked the earth. Another good blog today!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks I'm going to go get the CD right now so I can get involved with the conversation when the discussion begins!!!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must do exactly what the devil does with us - infultrate!!! i have to keep abreast to what is going on as long as I have children, godchildren. etc. I must know what is going on. dialogue only begin when people are understnding what the other is saying. I went into the substitute teaching arena just to see what are kids are doing at the schools - you know when they are away from mama and daddy and all the home training they have received!! When you find I caught a student passing a letter, i just asked them to read it to me because it was in a whole diffrent dialogue. I gave no discipline and thanke them for "schooling" me. Then i became someone they could relate to. I can't wait to hear the CD, I know my boys will have it - ASAP!! I'm with you Pastor Rich, no one has to agree and I know where my status is with God and no other person can change it! Half of the stuff that is still in us from what we used to listen to is most of our problem. they are speaking what their world consist of! They won't hide their molestation, their anger with their dead beat dads or cracked out hoe'n mama's, their desperate state to get what they can because of the uncertainty and instability of their lives, etc. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! Remember that, Pastor Rich - maybe we ought to share it with the blog community since it appears that you are opening some eyes, ears and hearts!! Please keep pressing!!! You are right - THEY ARE WORTH EVERY BIT OF IT & SOME!!!!

Mama Tonya

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters