Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Be Real or Don't Be

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Be Real or Don't Be

The day we are living in is quite serious. Time waits for no one and right now is not the time to play games and keep doing the same thing, expecting different results! Remember, that's the definition of a FOOL and I ain't nobody's fool, so what else is there? What time is it? Thanks for asking...It's time to BE REAL or Don't BE! Plain and simple, too much is at stake and there are real life issues that we are all faced with to where we don't have time for the bullsh** that many of us put up with on a daily basis!
In the words of one of my fraternity brothers, Tito, it's time to "step up or step down!" :) You are either going to put an end to the drama that people continue to bring you or you're going to run the risk of getting "caught up" in the hype and lost in the hustle! I, for one, have ceased from the endless meetings and escapades that my church, job, family, and children have put me through. I'm done with doing the things that don't work, as if they were going to miraculously change course! (hocus pocus) I've got real life circumstances that I'm faced with and after visiting B-free a few days ago I have become energized yet again to stay in the press, BUT cut off unnecessary weight!
Stepping up or stepping down requires you to come to grips with yourself, first, and determine who you are and what your capabilities are. If you're far spent, look at the excess and decide what's got to go! You and I are not the masters of the universe and looking at B-free, I'm reminded that none of us are promised a tomorrow, so know that life is what you make of it! I don't know about you but I refuse to spend everyday worried about church, job, family, fraternal, or any other issues that I can't change. I've got one shot and I've got to be like Eminem and lose myself in the moment because it may NEVER ever come back again! When I leave this earth and come face to face with the ALMIGHTY I want it to be said that it mattered that I was born. I want to live the abundant life pontificated about in the scriptures and I don't see that happening as long as I'm tied down to the bureaucracy of crap in the low plains.
"Be real or don't be" is a great model to live by and from this day forward that's it! I'm here to move forward with the purpose that I was created and it's important to make each day count! If B-free can do it in his present situation, what am I complaining about?
Now that's straight up talk!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another gem in a time of need. Keep doing your thing Frat, people are paying attention.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly my outlook...it's time to be real with ourselves cuz at the end of the day, being fake doesn't advance the cause at all. As a matter of fact, you're further in a hole because now you have placed deceit on top of the facade! Be Real or Don't Be is the real deal!

06

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in rare form right now Frat. Keep doing your thing. Sometimes I read your blogs and I'm like "Wow."

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are out here putting out Truth! and at a time when cats are only seeing fakeness or something hidden behind something else. I'm not mad at you, you are definitely making cats see what is on a different channel. I remember one time I was cutting your hair and I told you the way the message is being disseminated needs to be changed. Those old keys don't always fit these new locks. So its good to see someone in a position where people are listening to u give it in a fresh, more acceptable, user friendly form. I have always been the one that my friends come to for advice and look up to, and it is rare that I get a chance to let my burdens out. Sometimes when your blog comes I'm like "Has this cat been spying on me?" You've been saying some things in this last year that have really hit home.

Keep up the good work.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters