Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Be Strong B-Free

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Be Strong B-Free

IT'S NOT OVER TIL GOD SAYS IT'S OVER! If you've still got fight in you...Fight on! Whatever the case may be that you're going through remember who you are! Remember that you've been in the grind and fighting for survival for a long long time. Don't let anyone or anything stop you. Don't let the doctor's report keep you from walking. Stand strong and understand that this hustle isn't just your fight, it's all of our fight. If one goes down we all go down, so don't let anyone box you in and force you to live by a set of rules that keep you from being who God ordained you to be.
You may ask, "what's got into B.Real?" Thanks for asking....One of my fraternity's bruh's was given up on by the doctor's just last week. I visited him last night and what I saw brought tears to my eyes. I saw a young brother who was living because he still had a will! That's the power of expectation ya'll. You don't have to go out when people say so...You go when you are ready! That's all I've got to say for today because this thing is hard for me. Keepin' it real with you, this is hitting me just like IT hit me last year when my fraternity brother, Kevin aka Tippy, passed away.
Sometimes I think when things like this occur that it's so unfair! I'm like why? Why do bad things happen to good people? These are questions that I ask because it's in me to help people. I had to force myself to stay seated last night as my brother was walking back and forth trying to do things for me and the bruhs that were with me. Get that? You'd think that the brother would be laid back in his bed singing a "swan" song or something but NO, he was trying to serve us! I got a headache because if there was something...ANYTHING that I could do, I would to change the situation. But, at this point, all I can do is do what I've been doing. PRAY!
Because bottomline, if anyone can make the transition, it's God! I don't know about you but in God I find peace at this particular moment because when one goes down, it's as if I'm going down, so God brings the equilibrium through the complications of life!
Enough said...Just wanted to be straight up with you today! Remember death and life is in the power of the tongue...B-free is still here because his will is to be here. When he's ready to go...Then he'll sleep with his fathers that have gone before. Until then...Be strong B-free!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your emphasis on Being Real and Being Free. In society today we find many restrictions on "who" we are, coming from every angle. You have to be one person in the church, one person at work, another person at home, that it's to the point of not knowing "who/what we stand for anymore. I believe that not only is it the duty/responsibility of generation X to proceed in helping with generations Y and younger, but also we need to prelude to the stage for them to show them how to "Be Free". Your blog today is just another example of you doing a great job, setting the stage! Keep your head up!! I love it!!! Keep it going!!!!

KK

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hits home for me and I don't even know B-free. But I think we can all remember times when we've seen loved one suffer and struggle and have had to rely on God and God alone! Thanks for this blog today! This is cutting to the bone for me...

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Rich. It was hard for us all yesterday seeing him in that condition. But it's just like Free to make sure we're all comfortable in spite of his illness. He didn't complain not once and I truly respect this man for his will to go on. How dare I complain about any damn thing! I'm sorry, but I just got a little emotional, but I'm keeping it real too. He put a new drive in my spirit. We have got to be the BEST we can be. Dream BIG and go for it all! LIFE......you won't make it out alive so live it to the fullest! Peace and God Bless - Bro. Andre' Page

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too feel your pain! I did all I could to keep from crying! Keep up the good work, your blogs really are penetrating to the soul!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heartfelt prayers are with you and your fraternity brothers during this time. I pray that you be strong as well and that God grace you to do what you have to do to get through this trying ordeal! God Bless you and your brother!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters