Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Give Back

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Give Back

The things that surround you can exert a powerful influence on you.And you can use that influence to your advantage. Surround yourself with positive influences. Let them serve as subtle and constant reminders to be your very best. Arrange your physical environment so that it encourages and promotes focus and creativity. Choose to spend your time surrounded by things that lift you up. Get yourself around people who will reinforce the values and goals you consider to be most meaningful. Spend time with people who challenge you to be your best. Seek out situations that enable you to connect with and fulfill your most deeply held purposes. Learn which surroundings inspire you most, and find a way to spend time in them. Though it is certainly possible to flourish in spite of your surroundings, life proceeds much more smoothly when your environment exerts a positive influence. Surround yourself with the best you can imagine, and it will start to get to you.
Author Unknown

As I read this, I couldn't help but imagine if our children were constantly put into an environment where opportunity was at their disposal, I wonder what would our future look like? As I constantly work to make the lives of those coming behind us better, I couldn't help but wonder how different things could be or would be if we would be a little less selfish and a little more giving. As I attempt to speak life into the hearts and minds of tomorrow's leaders, I can't help but dream the impossible! I am not like the average person because I refuse to believe that things can't get better for our youth. But for things to change, the change has to start within! So, I challenge each of you to mentor and give back to those who are coming behind because our future will be determined by the things we do today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters