Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Dropping Excess Baggage

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dropping Excess Baggage

When God wants to bless you, He’ll bring a person into your life. Likewise, when the enemy wants to destroy you, he’ll also bring a person into your life. When God wants to protect you, He’ll remove someone from your life and when He wants to change the seasons in your life someone will enter your life who sees what you cannot see and does something you cannot do yet this person believes in you. LISTEN UP: When the enemy wants to destroy you he will send a person in your life that will magnify your weaknesses, (or in other words cuz some people may be slow), you’ll be in bed before you know it or you’ll be right back in the situation you prayed to get delivered out of!!! They’ll blind you to your focus and your destiny and magnify your flaws instead of your gifts.

THIS IS THE TEST – take a look at who’s around you! Take a look at your crowd for the past six to twelve months.

When God wants to protect you He will remove somebody from your life – in other words- He’ll take a mutha out!!!!!! For instance, when He got ready to bless the church in the book of Acts, Ananias and Sapphira had to come out because they were liars and He didn’t want the entire church to be cursed, so He had took ‘em out! Some of us are messed up because He had to remove some of our stumbling blocks in order to protect us from being cursed! Remember it’s a generational thing and everything you do affects the next 3 to 4 generations! Look at it like this, when someone is subtracted, subtraction is the first step to multiplication! So, although it looks like you’ve lost out, you’re about to gain so much more!

God will take out a “Saul” so He can get a “David” (read the book of I Samuel), some of us have been chasing after what God removed but we forget that He did it so that your focus would be on Him and not people! As a lot of people know, I’ve been struggling for the past few weeks with disappointment from those who are the closest to me. It seems as if everybody has completely lost IT but this had to take place because my confidence was in people and not on the Lord. Some of us have been chasing misery and the only reason why God broke the soul ties is so that you and I could be who He ordained for us to be!!! I remember when I had to LET GO of my special someone! Boy, it wasn’t anything nice! As a matter of fact, it was PURE HELL! I didn’t let go on my own…it was as if God snatched them from me…while I was screaming….NOOOOOOOOO! When you think about it, many of us are in the dilemma that we’re in today because of words that we spoke over our lives when it seemed that our “soul ties” were being snatched away from us, words like, “I can’t see myself without [_____] in my life.” Or “I can handle [______] we can just be friends!” As the character, Madea, said in the stage play, MADEA GOES TO JAIL, “It’s a trick!”

I don’t know if you realize it, but your blessing has been held up because you refused to cut off that special “someone.” And the pain that you’re experiencing now has come because of your disobedience. It’s not easy to do but it’s something that has to be done if you intend to walk in purpose and destiny. And I know what most of you are thinking because you may not be in the “act” itself. I thought the same way for quite sometime, but just because I wasn’t physically doing anything I thought that I was okay, but then God showed me my heart. He knows the heart. He knows what’s inside and that’s where He’s placing His attention, inside the heart. Prov. 23:7 says, “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.” God is in pursuit of the “you” that you are when no one else is around. That’s why He’s cutting people away so you can be all by yourself. This is where He wants you so He can do some constructive surgery that has needed to be done for quite some time now. He is the only one that can take away the stony heart and give you a new heart! This is the ultimate goal if you’re a person who’s going somewhere in life! Because in the final analysis, at the end of the day, the heart is deceitful and will make you believe that you’re okay, when you’re not okay. It’s the heart that will make you ignore the warning signs that lead to destruction. Life is too short to be joined to the wrong person so don’t allow yourself to be deceived. Let go of the excess sh!$ in your life! Get mad as hell and decide not to take it anymore! I know I did and it’s made all the difference in my outlook on life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice exhortation today! I wonder.....what changed your desire? (You should have fun with that!)

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! The 1000th hit to the blog!!! Keep up the good work Pastor Rich!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This message was right on time for me. I'd been seeing a minister at my church...no physical activity but he just became "too busy" to call and see me. So that hurts but I know God is in control. God Bless

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters