Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: When God speaks...will you be able to handle it?

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

When God speaks...will you be able to handle it?

We often pray for a word from the Lord…but I wonder if we really know what we’re doing? When you pray to the Lord and ask Him to speak, you have to be prepared for whatever He says. He’s not going to say what you want Him to say. The word that God will give you will completely “bust” you up! It will completely knock you off of your feet! When you ask Jesus to COME! Do you realize what you’re asking for? God is a consuming fire and when He comes He completely takes over. It’s not a fair fight to say that I’m fighting with God. God will allow you to wrestle Him for a season, but believe me, you’ll have some scars afterwhich to remind you of your stupidity.

Whatever He told you to do, He expects His word to be accomplished. We oftentimes think that God is earthly and He can be manipulated or He can be negotiated with. NO, whatever He told you to do from the beginning, He’s not going to change His mind! You may have prayed, Lord show me your glory! Well, for those who may have prayed that, you have asked for all hell to break loose in your life; don’t worry, you will see God alright, in a “very real way.” When God opens His mouth…He’ll say something that will completely revolutionize your thinking and will instantaneously take you from one state of mind…to another. When God speaks…the crooked places become straight…when God speaks…the high places are made low…when God speaks…the darkness becomes light…when God speaks…your world will be radically changed…when God speaks…your life will be transformed…when God speaks…He’ll completely wreck your world…all for His glory!!!!

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again…be careful what you pray for…because God is faithful to do what you ask. I prayed a long time ago to be used mightily of God. I prayed for a double portion of my father’s anointing. I prayed all the wonderful sappy prayers that a lot of us pray during an emotional time in the service. And, let’s just put it like this…He answered my requests in ways that I could never have imagined! He used embarrassment, pain, agony, obscurity, confession, sickness, exposure, and I could go on and on, however, He used all of that to bring about the answer to my request. So I close by saying again, be careful what you pray for. But the question I want to leave you with is this, for those who have prayed and asked for houses, cars, clothes, money, and a spouse, are you prepared for God’s answer? Whatever it may be?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!

I really enjoyed today's topic. You have opened my eyes to some things and made me more aware of what I am asking. And you know, God could have answered my prayers...just not with the answer I was looking for!

Thanks! And continue to be obdient to the Lord.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters