Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: A.S.A.P.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A.S.A.P.

This has been a very strenuous week so far. The reason is because I’m preparing to talk to a lot of young people from across the state of Ohio and I want to make sure I’m prepared. When preparing for a task like this, nervousness is not something I deal with. I’ve been speaking in front of large groups for some time now so the issue isn’t the crowd. The real issue is my ability to penetrate their hearts. I don’t like talking if it isn’t going to mean anything. Another way of putting it, I don’t like talking just to make people feel good. That’s the last thing on my mind. When I stand before the people of God, I have to first remember why I’m in front of them. Not because of anything that I’ve done, but because God chose me. He chose me to minister from my spirit to theirs. Not to try to excite them, pump them up, get them to run, jump, flip, or roll. None of that!

I was created to wake some folk up and that by any means necessary. Not just by any means. I won’t fake the funk and make myself out to be “all that” and then some in order to impress the crowd. That’s not me, it’s never been and it’s too late to start that BS now! It’s time to show them the authenticity behind the collar. It’s time to show them that no matter their past mistakes and even the stuff that they’re caught up in NOW, there is still a better day coming. No matter what the family situation is, my job is to remind them of their spiritual family, that, although, they may not understand, it’s the spirit that brings life to their issues that have died along the wayside.

I used to stand before people and pontificate rhetoric. I used to sit and be excited because of crowds and think that I could build a nice portfolio for myself if I had fancy words to spew forth. That used to be me, but what happened?

It got real…that’s what happened. I woke up and realized that life was NO game. I got burned one too many times and I finally got the picture that death was something that could happen to me. Wow, what an alarming wake up call! Growing up, I believed that I didn’t have to follow the rules like so many young people today. Who better else to talk to them?

Well, it’s on and poppin! I’ve been praying that God would have His way as we attempt to change a generation. No more games! No more sugar coatin’ what needs to be str8 up talk! It’s time to open up and reveal the REAL DEAL! Too many of us are dying at an alarming rate to have it or be satisfied with any other way!

It’s time to do it NOW! Not tomorrow, but I’ve got to prepare a generation that is coming up behind me to do even greater than our forefathers. How can I reach them if I’m scurred of being real? How else can I reach them if I’m afraid of those who’ll talk about me! I ain’t scurred and I ain’t gonna hold back! Now is the time…as my boy TI would say…ASAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters