Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Stop Hatin'!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Stop Hatin'!

It’s not often that I stop the normal flow to address an issue that has been brought to my attention, however, this is what today’s blog is about.

But when I think about it, this is what being on high alert is all about…the enemy is forever working his plan, which is to steal, kill, and destroy anything that is of God. Now, you may ask, what is he talking about? Let me explain…

Yesterday I received an email from a true brother…he explained to me that he was hearing some things that bothered him about my dealings in Toledo, the city that I reside in. He told me that I needed to be careful as to the things that I do with some of the youth that I allow to be around me. He went on to explain that he didn’t want me to be another Michael Jackson and have my name tarnished because of one or two crazy boys. He even went further and said that people were talking about the time that I spend with my kids and told me that I have to protect myself. I understand this completely, especially in the midst of everything that is going on around this country as it pertains to molestation, however, there is something a bit deeper that I have to focus on…it’s not what people are saying that bothers me, it’s WHO is saying what…that is bothering me.

Time and time again, I have been warned that people run their mouths all the way too much. I’ve been told to be careful, now I don’t take caution lightly, and every time I’m told to be careful, I ALWAYS PRAY AND ASK GOD TO SHOW ME FURTHER WAYS TO PROTECT MYSELF so don’t get me wrong with what I’m about to address.

But it seems that the ones who are doing most of the talking are those who struggle sexually. I know I’m going through great strides by putting this out here like this…but you should know by now that I’m not one for games. For those of you who don’t know me personally, let me explain my passion. I love young people and I more than anything want to see them grow to become all that God has ordained them to be. Quite clearly because I’m a man, I spend more of my time with the boys because I don’t want anyone to say I’m doing anything unseemly with the girls. Well, now people tend to think that there are ulterior motives because I’m with the young men. It’s a catch 22. I’m Damned either way it goes…mind you, I talk quite candidly about being molested years ago by a preacher within the church! So, you know that puts me in a box to be stigmatized as GAY! I’m just going to go ahead since I’m on this bandwagon because this kind of stuff has to stop. I don’t have kids sleeping in my bed! I’m not a fruitcake. I don’t play games with them and make them hot chocolate! MY GOD, THAT AIN’T ME!

It’s more so that I provide for them a stability that most of them have never had before. I am a counselor to a great many of them. I don’t expect for most of you to ever understand the bond that I have with my boys…really I DON’T CARE, it’s not for you to understand…but if there is anything that you can do, ANYTHING AT ALL. Can you try praying? Instead of badmouthing me to people who have the same problems as you do…why don’t you offer up a prayer? Well, you might ask, “what should I pray for?” I’m glad you asked…pray that these young men wake up and realize who they are. Pray that these young men fight through the confines of society that have already pigeon-holed them before they even turn 18 years of age. Pray that they can break the generational curses from over their lives. Pray that the curse STOPS with their generation…and doesn’t continue to wreak havoc in their bloodline! Pray that they are able to realize the schemes of the enemy to rob them of their inheritance in Christ! Pray that they become the prophets, priests, and kings of their home. Pray that they are able to marry ONCE and raise a healthy family in a system that has been set up against them coming from a single-mother home. That’s the stuff you can pray to help me out. Why don’t you try that instead of hatin’? Some of you may say that you are genuinely concerned and to that I respond…then why haven’t I heard from you? Why haven’t you bothered to pick up the phone and see about my well-being? Why haven’t you called me to see if there was anything you could do to lift the burden that I walk with on a daily basis? Why? Because that’s too much work, that’s why…it’s a lot easier to call someone and gossip then it is to show genuine, authentic concern about this present generation!

And to the rest of you who are struggling sexually, whether you presume yourself to be gay or straight, do you know what else you can do? Stop sleeping around!!!! I’m talking to men sleeping with men, men sleeping with women and even women with women…whatever you believe your sexual orientation to be…don’t throw stones at me…My kids love me and anyone of them can tell you that I ain’t ever tried NOT ONE THING with them…HOMEY DON’T PLAY THAT! If I needed to get some, there is plenty of free azz offered to preacher’s everyday of the week right up in church! But I ain’t on that either! So that’s what you can do…because every time you creep around and fall into the pit of despair, that’s one more nail that others will throw at me so they can throw blame on someone other than the perversion that’s in their own spirit! Because people will automatically think that I’m about the same thing and I’m not!

I’m not writing this with anger, but rather because of frustration. I’m attempting to express to you what is needed in order to address the ills of this society directly instead of mamsy-pamsying things the way things have been done in prior generations! In case you don’t know, we’re in a battle for our young people and lives are at stake. There are children dying and generations are coming up each and every day that NEED TO SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO GIVE IT ALL UP!

Peace out!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I an say Pastor Rich is this: you have said your peace and made your stand, now don't explain yourself anymore concerning this situation. God will avenge you and establish you in his work. I know that it gets frustrating, but leave all the responding to God. The response will come in your daily walk and in the fruit that will be manifested in those who you minister to!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually had a similar conversation with my best friend today -- that people whether they be related to you or even your genuine friend will turn on you quickly. Please believe that God has put us on Earth for a time such as this. You are leading a charge that many want to be a part of but don't have the self-discipline to participate in. Therefore, what you want but can't do -- you talk about. Yes, it's stupid but it's true none the less. Pastor you are in my prayers. My prayer is that God gives you the strength to overcome this trial, not that these people open their eyes b/c I know with time your deeds will open their eyes. Know you're always in my prayers.
Khrys

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I agree. Don't worry about what the others say brother. You know in your heart what you are doing for these kids is right... God don't like ugly. Whoever is out here hating on you is gonna get it back ten-fold. Do ya thang.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way as the others Pastor Rich...you do you! Nobody knows what God has called you...and as you said, it is, MOST OF THE TIME, the perversion in the hearts of people that keeps the mess up. If they could find somebody to be with...they'd be with somebody...so, they ain't delivered! Dang! I'm sick of the crap myself! I believe in you Pastor Rich...and I do pray that I have an opportunity to meet you...
Keep on moving on!

LRB

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People talk too much!!! Don't let what others say about you deter you from being who God ordained you to be to the young people that God has called you too!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it comin Pastor Rich. Did somebody really really strike a nerve? I really like your typing when your buttons are pushed, it makes the reading all the more enjoyable. Not to say that other days are not as enjoyable, you just have a fiery way of expressing your passion when you've been provoked!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, now that's what I call saying it like it is! If people were true and REAL they would tell you how they feel about you to your face, but my take is this, you got a lot of punks out there that like to hide so don't even let it phase you. But on another note, people that tend to keep their mouths going are those who still have unresolved issues, otherwise it would be no problem to come to you themselves...but the key word is SELF. Self is still in the way hindering their true deliverance, therefore, everything you do causes all types of feelings to be stirred up deep down within. Be encouraged Pastor Rich you are shaking the nations whether you believe it or not! This is an unconventional approach that very few would even look to take and I commend you.

Gary O.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope all the playas who are hatin' read this!!! If not, they'll eventually be dealt with in God's timing! Keep the fire burning Pastor Rich.

I feel you on everything. I just had this discussion the day before yesterday with a preacher friend of mine who works with the youth ministry at my church. And he too goes through what you are dealing with. People, from time to time, don't understand when God joins key people together for something bigger than a ministry. And children, especially, they are so fragile that if you tend to do the churchy thing with them and box the relationship, then they'll box you too! And the bottomline is that there will be no transference from heart to heart!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters