Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Hold on, the NOT YET is on the way!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hold on, the NOT YET is on the way!

No one really understands the loneliness that I go through on a day-to-day basis. Too many, I'm looked to as HE-MAN, the master of the universe. Too others I'm looked at as a dad, to others I'm looked at as a son. Too many, I'm looked to as a potential husband and too a great many, I'm looked at as a shepherd or pastor. But still, no one knows what goes on between my two ears and the war of words that takes place while many believe I'm having a "mountain-top" experience.

When I say mountain top experience, what I'm referring to is the look of success. We get excited about things in life and all too often, the things that we are excited about are materialistic. Meaning, they can leave just as quick as they've come. We spend our days and nights being concerned and overwhelmed about everything except the main thing, which is LIVING to our fullest potential – LYFE. I ask myself questions like this all the time – what is the essence of life? Is my aim in life to “get” all I can? Is my aim or pursuit to acquire as much as I can in cars, money and land? If it is, what happens to all of it when I die? What in the hell is this journey called LYFE all about? It has to be something more to it than just going to work day-in and day-out doesn't it? I'm not going through the pains of loneliness just to simply die or am I?

Have you ever thought about life? Have you ever thought about why you were created? I don't know about you but I figure that I was created for more than just to have sex. I was created for more than just to drive a nice car and have a wonderful home. I was created for a greater purpose than the mediocre stuff that I allow myself to get “caught” up in. My struggle is with the here and now. The here and now is temporary but it's necessary to walk through in order to get to the NOT YET! And the tragedy of life is that most of us get fed up with the here and now and abort our not yet because the present condition seems too cumbersome. My challenge today, as hard as it is for me to do, is to get you to see that your NOT YET is something worth fighting for. No matter how bad it gets. It's worth the fight. The NOT YET is greater than the right now and if you endure, if I can get past the pain of my loneliness, my NOT YET will blot out my right now and I'll forget the pain and misery that I had to endure.

Hold on, I said I'll forget...but that's not necessarily true. Many people never will forget, but the pain will be a faint memory and will make a great testimony to a lot of people of what it took to get you to the NOT YET. Just like a mother who has just given birth to a child, she doesn’t forget the pain of birthing, however, the pain becomes rather dismal when the baby is placed in her arms. Although she will never forget, the joy that the baby brings her makes her look differently on what she just came through. So, I say again, HOLD ON!

WARNING: Keeping the wrong crowd or the wrong thing around you will hinder your NOT YET from coming to pass. So, consider yourself warned. Is it worth the wait? Is the club, the party, the nicotine, the weed, the cocaine, or anything else serious enough to jeopardize the blessing that God has in store for you? Is SHE that good? Is HE that good? Are the memories that good that you'd rather get stuck on a piece of _______? I can’t say too much for you, but me? I’d much rather get the blessing that God has in store for me. It’s not that crucial that you’d be willing to forfeit the blessing (whatever it may be) for a piece is it? To hell with you...I want the NOT YET more than a piece of anything. I don't care how good it was or still is...it's not that serious. I've got too many lives waiting on me. Don't you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Rich,

The going through is very difficult but your word
through the father are truth. Sometimes we just have
to be still in our season of uncomfortableness. This
reading has given me a new outlook on my situation and
I thank God for using you to write this great bread of
heaven better yet bread of life. Thnak you Jesus !! I
needed that!!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters