Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: So Long...for now

Thursday, November 17, 2005

So Long...for now

Words cannot express what I'm feeling today. I've been preoccupied all day long and, just like I did last week, I allowed excuses to keep me from writing this earlier. Again, I ask your forgiveness. Alot of different emotions are running through my mind right now so I don't know where to start or end, so what I'll say is that I ask for your prayers.
Many of you know that a fraternity brother of mine passed away. And the wake and funeral services are tomorrow and Saturday. My aim is to get through this weekend as best as I can and close the door while remembering what Kevin stood for. As I said in an earlier blog, for him to endure the trials that he had to confront and yet every time I saw him he had the biggest smile. No matter what, he was a fighter. He was a warrior in the truest sense and I'm going to miss his presence. Though I know his spirit will live on in those of us who remain, keeping it real, things are never ever going to be the same.
Now I have to adjust to life without a valuable brother. It's true that you don't know how good you have it until something is taken away from you. Well, I'm feeling the heat right now because wake and funeral services are the closure services that I never look forward to. My uncle is a mortician so in one sense, I'm kinda numb to funeral homes, however, no matter how numb I may be, when it's someone special, it's a whole new ball game quite frankly! No, I don't like what I'm feeling but in life, you have to learn to live with some disappointments. If Jesus went through, then why shouldn't I?
It's this time in my life that I'm hurting and full of pain but I'm learning to trust in the Lord and not lean on my own understanding. Because I don't understand, but I'm not supposed to. The Lord wants me to trust in Him because He knows what He's doing not me! I just know that He doesn't make mistakes and He knows what's best!
So long Tippy, for now...Til we meet again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend,

I can tell from your blog that your heart is very heavy. I will send up prayers for you and his family. Be strong in the Lord. My verse that gets me through just about everything is Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in Lord with all your heart...

God did not promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way...The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Just be sure your are in his will!

Prayfully,
Cynthia

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters