Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Getting to the Real You

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Getting to the Real You

We are destined for greatness, no doubt! However, it’s important to get in right alignment so that we can handle the blessing that is about to manifest. What good is it if the blessing ends up being a curse because we were too immature to handle it? It’s important to understand in this season that we have to deal with the ugly stuff that we’ve been afraid to deal with. When you think about it, it’s not all that bad BUT it is very uncomfortable dealing with “issues” from within. I’m talking about those things that we dare to discuss with one another. Those issues that if your best friend really knew what was on your mind or what it was that was keeping you locked up, would just sit in awe because they never would have imagined the pressure that you were under.

You may not struggle with my issue but you’ve got issues, I know that much! For some, you may deal with the fear of being abandoned, which keeps you going from one bad relationship to another. I don’t know where your issue is, but have you ever EVER taken your issue to the cross? I’m not trying to be deep, but we are spiritual beings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and if we keep trying to handle our issues in our own strength, I’m here to tell you that we will continue to lose. In order for us to deal with our issues we need to join in agreement with one another and stop being plastic. Quit being fake with one another because although you may act like you’ve got it all together, WE know the real deal which is you’re struggling just like everybody else. Your issue may not be my issue but we all have our issues!

Deal with them and stop trying to perpetrate that everything is okay. For me, personally, I got hit with some issues that I really thought that I had dealt with but for some reason they keep popping up at the most inappropriate time! I don’t know about you but just when I sense that something great is getting ready to take place, here comes something from my childhood that says, “I’m back!!!!!!!” Feel me anyone? This is the kind of stuff that makes some folk give up because after having done all that you did to get to this “place” of utopia, you finally think that it’s over and then you get knocked right back down for another “round.”

BE ENCOURAGED! You may get knocked down but don’t let yourself counted out! You’re not alone because I’m in the same boat as you. This is why it’s important to seek God for His new mercies every morning because in order to survive, we can’t survive in our own strength. That’s what I’ve learned on this journey, I’ve been too strong! I was, subliminally, thinking that I was strong enough and didn’t need God the way I needed him previously! And I’m telling you, I was wrong. I need Him more today than I’ve ever needed Him before. The enemy is too crafty and will continue to try and deceive me into believing that it’s according to my strength. So I have to learn how to lean on God through these trying times and come to the ultimate understanding that there will never come a day or time when I won’t need the Lord! There won’t ever come a season in my life where I’m so strong that I can tell God to take a “chill pill.”

Just think about that…in order to be who God ordained you to be, you’ve got to face the REAL YOU on the inside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true, how true. What tends to happen is your mirror becomes the inside of your eyelids. In other words, you see you through your own eyes - you must shut out the world to do so and God doesn't do it any other way. He is never in all His teaching saying that He will teach me to be on my own. I have to come at you from a Mothers point of view again because he asked me at what point do you stop being a mother to the children that you have given birth to? When they are 18?, when they die? when you die? The answer to all three is NO!!!! I AM 41 YEARS OLD AND STILL MY MOTHER'S CHILD, I have an over 18 year old and I am still mama! My mother has lost one of her children and she is still his mother. My mother lost her mother and she still mothers her from the grave because she still reflects on the things that were instilled from her mother. All of this time I thought I was nurturing my children to become more independent but not so..... WE are in all actuality supposed to be teaching them to become more DEPENDENT on God instead of us!!!!!! God is not trying to teach us not to need him as much but to depend on him more because we were raised to depend on our parents, education, status, society, money, etc..... I believe our spiritual status would be DEPENDENTLY INDEPENDENT!! Depending on God's Word and independent of the world's way.

Think about it?.....

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters