Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: A Change is Comin'

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Change is Comin'

It's nearing the end of the year and I can't help but reflect on this year and all the ups and downs. I can't help but contemplate what this year would have been like had I not had any disappointments! What would I have spent a lot of my time doing, if I wasn't forced, due to circumstances, to seek out the cross? You see, I'm no different from a lot of you. When things are going good, unfortunately, I find myself praying less, but when something tragic happens, I then all of a sudden find myself calling on the name of the Lord! This year has been a year of awakening! This year has been a year that caught me off guard in some aspects because I didn't see what was coming all the time. I DID remain prayerful throughout because of different things that I had going on all at the same time. Yes, as a lot of you know I did want to throw in the towel, especially when it came to working with youth! This generation is a trip, but the older generation can be somewhat worse at times! As a matter of fact, whether I was in the church or working in a community group, some days I couldn't tell the difference between the youth and the adults!
I've learned so much this year regarding people. But all of my efforts weren't a complete waste because I have applied the lessons learned to the bigger picture of life. It wasn't easy some days, like I told you before, this year alone I probably resigned all of my positions at least about 4 or 5 times because I have a very low tolerance for ignorance. I'm impatient...Well, I can say that at the end of 2005, things don't get me the way they used too. I've come to learn that people are people and they mean well and most of them are good hearted individuals that are only trying to help. So, again, this has been a year of awakenings...I've discovered what I'm made of, and how imperfect I am as well.
A lot of people, especially those who know me personally, tend to think that I'm quite judgmental. I'm not going to spend time elaborating on this because it boils down to a matter of opinion, however, in reflecting this past year, through the ups as well as the downs, it's important to keep Christ first. No matter what anyone thinks of me, quite honestly I don't care, make sure that Christ is in the forefront of your life. The scripture says in the book of Matthew 6:33, "...seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you." If you can learn, like I have, that no matter what happens in this life, remember that there is a greater picture than the right now. It has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with God and His Kingdom. This is how I made it this far on the journey. Because, I'll be honest, it's easy to get sidetracked on what's happening right now but it takes patience and endurance to look past the right now and seek out the "not yet!"
I'm not perfect, by no means and I've never tried to come across as such in these blogs. I want to encourage you, wherever you are on this journey to stay in the press! We're at the end of a year, but a new year is on the way! This may be the worst of times right now for you, but the best of times is on the way! Hold on because as the old folks would say in church, "a change is comin'!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you Pastor Rich, "Change is a coming", but I hear this every year! I love the Lord and I know that he loves me, but it seems that disappointment after disappointment it just remains the same. Don't get me wrong God has been good to me! He has brought change in the intangible places (which are the most important places), I have been transformed in my thinking. My tiredness comes from the perpetual sameness in my enviornment, my surroundings, in my home, my neighborhood, etc. How do I keep holding on when year after year I gear up for the blessing that will blow my mind, the blessing the Lord himself has spoken to me, and then confirmed it through HIS prophets. I don't know, I mean I will always love the Lord because he has brought me a mighty mighty long way, but my resolve is coming to the place I will just bless him anyhow, but not to expect the change that is simmering within, and has been for years! Don't mean to be glum, because I am not, just at the point of, heck I don't know just where I am, this is just where I am. Thank you Pastor Rich for always keeping it real, you are truly appreciated for that and for allowing those who come into the place of refuge to keep it real also. A blessed holiday to you and yours, and may your new year find you blessed, prosporous, filled, and restored!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am one of those who hears you but I also have been frustrated. I've been going to a church and I'm struggling to receive. I really am. I don't like going anywhere out of just form and fashion, so my struggle is that I haven't been being challenged from the pulpit. To do what God has called me to do...oh well, I don't know. I'm praying and asking the Lord if my time is up at this particular church because before I moved to the city I'm in, I was at a church and every week, the word was on POINT and it was like the pastor was speaking directly to me. The church that I'm at now is drastically different. There is too much change. I don't know Pastor Rich...thank you for keeping it real and for being so transparent. I know a change is coming but dang does it have to take so long? That's my question.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters