Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: He's Yet Faithful

Thursday, December 08, 2005

He's Yet Faithful

No matter how many times I say it, I can't say it enough...God is faithful! Again, in case some of you don't know, my godson (more like my own blood son) Tavon, returned home from Iraq yesterday evening safe and sound. This past year I had many different battles and I found that it's real tough to lose someone close to you, especially when they assist you in so many different ways. I had to learn God in many different aspects due to Tavon being activated and deployed overseas. There were many nights as I've said on countless occasions when I asked the Lord, "why?" Why did he have to be sent way over there? Why not somewhere like the state of Kansas? I mean, dang, nothing happens there? :) But anyway, you get my point! I thank God today for He has proven Himself faithful yet again. I didn't want to face it at the beginning because I fought his inevitable departure like many others did. As I told you the other day, I kicked, yelled, and scream, all to no avail because God's will had to be manifested! At the end of the day, that's what really matters, right? We say it is, but our actions say something different and this is what I had to deal with. I trusted God in the little stuff. But when it came to trusting Him to get Tavon there and back in one piece, well, I kinda struggled with this. I personally experienced a friend of mine who served as a youth pastor in California who experienced the death of one of his young people while being stationed in Afghanistan so you know this didn't help matters at all. So, what was I to do? I had to learn to trust Him because that's all I had to lean on...His word that He was going to watch over Tavon and bring him back home because He yet had a destiny for Tavon that had to manifest! Sometimes God has to isolate us from the rest of the crowd so that He can impart to us the things that are needed to do what we need to do in order for our purpose to manifest in the earth realm. Sometimes it takes God violently messing up our plans in order for us to see that there's more to life than kickin' it as if there is no tomorrow.
But, at the end of the day, I have to admit, just like you do, that God is faithful. He didn't come when I wanted Him to come...He didn't move the way I wanted Him to move. He didn't operate the way I wanted Him to operate in 2005, but He's still yet God and God alone. I love Him because He is patient with me. No, I don't understand why everything has had to happen in my life the way it has. I don't understand fully why different ones had to die. I don't understand why I had to leave Atlanta, the place that I thought I'd never leave, and return to Toledo. I don't understand why I had to join up with the church I joined up with and do the things that I do (and I'm often often often misunderstood). But, in the final analysis, it all comes back to God's faithfulness in getting me where I need to get on this journey called Lyfe!
This has been one hell of a year...But, as I said the other day, if the trials and circumstances don't kill you, they'll make you stronger. I've lost some close friendships this year and at the same time, have gained some new covenant relationships. I've had some trials, as usual, but at the end of 2005, I can see the growth and the strength from the weary and sleepless nights. I can see the scripture manifested that says, "all things work together for the good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose!"
He's been faithful even when I wanted to walk away and I thank Him for His grace and mercy this day and I especially thank Him for bringing my boy back home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teressa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so identified with you when you said that "sometimes God has to isolate us from the rest of the crowd so that He can impart in us what He needs to so we can fullfill His purpose in the Earth" This is exactly where I am right now in my life. I am confident that the isolation and aloneness will result in His glory and prayerfully my maturity. Your words encouraged me. I rejoice with you in your sons safe arrival home.
Blessings

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters