Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Things Are Tight

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things Are Tight

Today's one of those rough days where I just don't want to be bothered with people. I've wearied myself from trying to help everyone and for what? Right now is not the season to be all over the place trying to help any and everybody because I'm being stretched beyond measure myself. And to make matters worse, the opportunity costs are minimal when it comes to the risk of pushing forward! That's what it's all about isn't it? Risk! Life is a risk because you can say what you want to say, we don't know what's going to happen from one day to the next.
Some of you may say that's ludicrous. Some of you may say NOT so because of some things that you have planned for down the road. Well, I'll put it like this, if God doesn't give us life, then we're dead. We're dead on arrival, dead men and women walking around dead! There are a lot of us that are walking around all messed up because we tried to figure God out about life. This we cannot do! Period!
I never would have imagined feeling the way I feel today with so much to be thankful for in life but I do! I said it yesterday, I'm feeling some tremors of something, what I don't know just yet but I'm going to be prepared for whatever! With God all things are possible and anything can take place! I've found out that He allows disasters and tragedies to take place to test us so that we can see where we stand with Him. This has truly been my year of testing because just last night I wanted to resign every position that I hold and vacate the city I live in. I said to myself, "to hell with everybody!" I was just about to throw in the towel when God reminded me just how much I've paid to get where I am today!
This is the tightest things have been in a while in my life but I'm determined that I'm not going to let anyone or anything turn me around! At this stage of the game it's all about FINISHING STRONG! I'm holding God's word close to me during this season where He says in the book of Philippians, chapter 1, verse 6, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
He didn't tell me that this road would be easy but He promised that He'd never leave me or forsake me. Even when my friends walk away from me God said that He'd be there. That's why I wanted to encourage you yesterday in knowing that God knows and understands what you're going through. He's there in the good times, but unfortunately we don't talk to Him like we should when things are good! It's not until tragedy hits that we lean on Him. It's not until our back is against the wall and we run out of our own stuff that we turn to Him and say, "Lord help!"
Things are tight, yes without a doubt, but in God all things are yea and amen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good word! This helped me understand why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling! Thank you for putting this in writing!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO!! pops this is ur son your word helped me stay strong right now.I have alot on my plate right now but in actuality its nothin more than the recipe for my Life an journey keep ya head up an its good to know that we have someone real who can relate

POINT WELL TAKEN!!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters