Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Tis The Season

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis The Season

This is the time of year where we reflect on all that God has given us. I'm thankful today for life. I'm thankful that God allowed me to live this long. There are many who would love to be in my position but instead they are in a cemetery. So, today I thank God that He gave this world His only begotten son. What a gift! What a gift to give because I don't know, well, I do know. I wouldn't give my son to the world! :)
The year has come and is just about gone and so much has taken place. I'm not the same person today that I was on January 1, 2005. A lot of change has come and transformed my life...For the good! I'm learning each and every day that the scripture is yet true. "All things work together..." Even though I may not have liked the outcome, at first, I've come to accept God's will for my life. The other thing is that I've been able to tell the difference which is very important in this day and age. The difference that I'm talking about is God's will vs. Man's will. There is a big difference. We tend to think sometimes that if it happens that it's God's will, but if that's the case then why is the divorce rate so high? Why is there still so much teen pregnancy? Why are the issues we are facing so overwhelming? Is this God's will? Hmmm
I've come to discover that each generation is faced with circumstances and problems that need to be addressed. When you look back over the history, each generation has had different issues facing them. There are also those whom God raises up for that season to address the problems of that time. The scripture tells us in the book of Isaiah 59:19, "when the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." Where is the standard for this generation? I can look back and see the standard in previous generations, but who is standing up and raising the standard? Sometimes we make this more spiritual than we need to because it's not that deep. God has given each and everyone one of us a sphere of influence in which we are to work. Most of us, for the most part, want to spend our days living in ease while we see and watch others fall by the wayside. I ask again, is this God's will?
Tis the season for all of us to reflect on why God created us. If He could give His only son to the world to be the remedy, then why are we here? Didn't the scripture say that we are to be witnesses? Didn't Jesus leave it on record in the bible when He said, "greater works shall you do?" Tis the season, not to be jolly but to get up and make a difference in someone's life. Just something to think about as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
I pray this season is filled with warmth and joy for you and your family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters