Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: All is Known and All is Forgiven

Monday, January 23, 2006

All is Known and All is Forgiven

There is so much that the Lord has planned for you but you can be your worst enemy. I’ve learned the hard way trust me on this one. At a time when so much is taking place in the world and in your own personal life, you’ve got to understand that your survival and successful arrival to your final destination is hinged on you being able to let certain things go! You may ask, “What is he talking about?” Thank you for asking! :) I’m referring to forgiveness! We tend to think little of it but there is so much that rests on being able to forgive those who’ve done you wrong. Yes, I’ll be the first to say that it hurts! I’ll also say that it’s not something that I like to do, but there is a freedom that takes place when you’re able to let bygones be bygones!
Something powerful took place in my life this weekend and I would like to share it with you. I encountered a little turmoil and had my name ran through the mud by some of my “close” friends! I was completely taken back by the accusations made against me. It was horrible, however, I remained silent through the whole ordeal. Long story short, after the ordeal was settled, I couldn’t just let it go! Every time I saw this person, anger would rise up inside me. This continued on, even after knowing that my responsibility was to forgive and let it go, I just couldn’t seem to move past it! I know it probably sounds crazy to you, however, when you’re like me and put yourself out there for people all day everyday, when someone turns and attempts to “stab” you in the back, it takes more to be able to get the courage to tell them that they are forgiven. I knew what I needed to do, but just simply couldn’t bring resolve within myself to do it.
Well, this is a new year and a new day! A new season and I won’t allow myself to be hindered by what took place last year! It’s over and it’s just time to move on! Things are transitioning at such a fast pace, it was either forgive them and let it go or be stuck in the same place and watch others walk into their destiny. NOT ME! I prayed with them and let them know, ALL IS KNOWN AND ALL IS FORGIVEN! It was such a release to be able to say that and since then I’ve had such a peace in my spirit. Don’t be like me, release it and let it go because there isn’t anything to be gained by holding on!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true! So true!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! We all can learn from this experience. Sometimes forgiving is sooooo hard!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters