Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: The End Result

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The End Result

Have you ever sat back and thought to yourself that things could be much worse than they are? It's not something I focus on a lot, but I couldn't help but reflect on the way things are at this present stage and all I could say is "thank you Lord!" Sometimes we have to stop in the hustle and bustle of life and just simply be appreciative to the Lord for the simple things. No, I'm not where I want to be, but thank God that I'm not where I used to be and that's saying a lot!
I challenge you to not be so hard on yourself and just take a moment and be appreciative for the great strides you've made. I remember back in the day when things would have been so much different with the way I reacted to certain situations but now that I'm a bit more seasoned I'm beginning to let the little things roll off me with more ease. There have been times when I would cuss someone out at the drop of a hat and when I say cuss, I mean really "get" with them. But in retrospect, what did all that drama accomplish? Did it make me feel better? Yes, but only momentarily! At this stage of the journey, I can't afford a temporary fix, I've got to look down the portal for the end-result! The temporary stuff was good for that day but now I'm moving on and expecting a lot more in return because I know that I'm entitled to the best as a son of the King!
I've finally realized that I've been living beneath my God-given privilege and my level of expectation has been raised to the level that it should be at now. I'm no longer satisfied with average because it's in me to produce the extraordinary! The mom-pop mentality that so many people walk around with doesn't cut it for me any longer! It's now time to be in hot pursuit of the best and the brightest that God has to offer! The end result is that I've been sent here to rule and reign! I've been sent to this earth to have dominion! Very few of us know what that really means! Think about it for a moment, do you realize what having DOMINION really means? Ponder on that for a few days...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's real interesting. I must admit, I never thought about the word Dominion! Hmmm you've given me something to really seek out. Thanks for provoking me to look it up for myself!

Dave

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good word! Thank you! What a way to put it!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotta keep my focus on the bigger picture! Thanks, I needed to hear this today!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters