Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Stop Working So Hard

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stop Working So Hard

It's not about you! This is harsh reality that I had to come to grips with. I spent so much time worrying about everybody else, I had to stop and realize that there were ulterior motives that I refused to believe behind my insistent concern! I was so worried about everybody else's business because it allowed me to ignore some of the serious issues that were going on inside of me. It wasn't until I kept hitting a brick wall each and every time that I finally discovered that something had to change.
I couldn't keep doing the same things and expect different results! Feel me? There is a bigger picture to this entire thing that I kept leaving out! For one, I had to realize that I wasn't the master of the universe. I don't have any power, in and of myself, to do anything! Prior to this discovery, I thought it was me! I thought that it was all about me. I thought that if I worked hard, I could get different results. I thought that if I kept giving and kept giving, people would change! I thought that I had to pray more and deny all of my inner most needs so that people could do...Whatever!
What a false sense of reality! Last year I thought that I was going to lose my mind because every time I turned around it seemed as if somebody was doing something crazy! Well, now I've finally done what I didn't have enough strength to do and that is deliver myself from people! I was fixated on trying to help everybody and with all the work I did, the people that I was trying to help, still fell short! They still messed up!
This year, I made a resolution to take care of me. I didn't say give up on anyone, but it's time now to go forward and stop getting caught up with people who don't want to go anywhere! I realized that it wasn't about me and the things that I was doing to help! Some people don't want your help, they may not realize it, but they don't. Otherwise they'd take your advice and make the necessary changes that they need to make. Enough is enough, I am planning a trip of some sort each month this year because I have to take time out to enjoy LYFE! If I don't, 2006 will be just like 2005, a faint memory that I can hardly remember!
As my kids would say, "I ain't on it like that!" I'm letting God do what He does best! He said that He never sleeps or slumbers! I've resigned from being the master of the universe and God accepted my resignation! 2006 is the year of NO Boundaries! And believe me, I'm going to enjoy it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is about time!!!! Sometimes as bad as you want something for someone else - the real change has to come from within you. It has been a long time coming and i personally haven't known you that long but been there done that and it wasn't until I tried to cash out all together just to stop trying to please people and change the world that I woke up in my spirit and declared that I wanted life - lyfe!!!! As I began to take my hands off of everybody else's stuff mine became more prevelant and deliverance began. Now i wlak in freedom of people - somewhat - but still striving!!! 2005 made me appreciate being alive on several occassions! But 2006 is going to be made of gettig my fix!!! Whatever God has for me is just for me!! And I'm going to get mine! Go get yours - enjoy LYFE!!!!!

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your being candid Pastor Rich. This is truly a blessing to hear! For a long time I've felt the exact same way. You spend a lot of your time worrying about so many others, but you're not being fed and no one is attending to you to make sure you're okay! Enjoy yourself this year! I didn't say forget everybody but you said it, God never sleeps. You get your rest and if I were you, being a young, attractive man, I'd travel. The Mrs is waiting for you out there in the country somewhere but you'll never ever meet her staying in your city doing the work of ministry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You better go get yours! 2006 is your year cuz it's on for you in 2007. That's when the world is going to find out about you! Oops, did I say that? Didn't mean to let that slip, oh well, you'll find out soon enough!

Da Prophetess

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters