Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Moving On

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Moving On

Letting go of yesterday requires you to come to an agreement that yesterday was necessary for today! If it hadn't been for your yesterday, you would never be where you are today! Some don't believe me but you needed the drama in your life to get you to the point where are! Yes, it was difficult and yes, it caused a lot of heartbreak, but in the final analysis, you have to admit that you're a much stronger person now. Aren't you? Aren't you better off now than you were four years ago? I am!
Job said it best in the scripture when he said that it was good that he had been afflicted! This is where I am today. I'm thanking God for my yesterday. My yesterday isn't necessarily according to the hours on the clock. I'm more so referring to the yesterday of the past! Because if I don't settle yesterday, my today will never be a definite foundation to launch out into my tomorrow. I've been through enough mess to understand that nothing ever just happens. I'm not a mistake and neither are the trials and tribulations that I've had to come through. It was all ordained by God to bring me to an expected end!
Well, I'm on my way now. No more frustration about the things of yesterday because in the final analysis I can't change a thing. The past is just that, the past! So why scream over spilled milk? It's over, so it just makes sense to move on and use yesterday as a tool to reach others. You may be like me when it comes to the past because I used to shun my past and hide it under fig leaves. I used to act like I had no problems and my past was squeaky clean! What a joke! Why fake the funk when I know it wasn't all like that? I mean, I had to ask myself, "who are you trying to fool Rich?" When I thought about it, I had to confess that I was living beneath my privilege because I had too much of a testimony to sit and keep silent!
This is what I meant when I said letting go of yesterday! For many of you out there you may think your past is something to be ashamed about, but not so! I'm a firm believer that everything that happened to you was divinely orchestrated by God...Not to harm you or kill you, but to make you stronger than ever! So be rested and assured that your yesterday is a thing of the past that was necessary for you to get to today! Now that you're here understand that there are lives counting on you to make it to your final destination. So, now that you've settled the past, what are you going to do? Keep silent or shout from the rooftops? The choice is yours but realize that you can't help anybody sitting in silence. You can't help anybody while you're trying to cover yourself from bodily harm. You have to let it go so you can show others how to move on!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is another way of saying, don't talk about it be about it! Very well said!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Pastor Richie! I needed this one. -Allison

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POINT WELL POPS I NEEDED THAT IT HELPS ME ALOT TO PUSH AN BREAK DOWN THE HOUSE THAT I HAVE BUILT INSIDE INORDER TO GIVE BIRTH

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters