Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: It's Hard to Say Good-Bye

Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's Hard to Say Good-Bye

How do I say good bye? Time is quickly approaching and I must find the words and the determination to move on. Losing someone who I loved like a brother is quite rough, but nothing that I can't handle, it's just that I don't know what to say. I guess, it'd be easier if my brother were to have lived a productive, healthy life and was well into his seventies and had children and grandchildren to carry on his legacy. It'd be different that's all I'm saying. But, rather, I'm looking into the eyes of the brothers who remain and I see despair, I see anger and hurt because so many people had hoped and prayed for a different outcome. Yet, we rejoice because our brother no longer has to live in excruciating pain.
So, I ask the question again, how do I say good bye? The words seem so final...When in reality it is final. Being as blatantly honest as I can, I don't want to say good bye but I have to say good bye...For now! I can't allow myself to act as if nothing is wrong and deal with death in an unhealthy way. I can't do what so many people do over and over and over again, which is give up and act as if all hope is gone! HELL NO! Now is not the time for giving up, it's a time to rejoice! That's why it's not hard to say good bye because, in actuality, it's not good bye...It's really, "see ya...For now!"
In remembering my brother, B-Free, I must say that his legacy is one of determination. His legacy is one of self-will because my brother should have been dead years ago. He lived because he still had work to do. He taught us how to keep on keepin' on even in the midst of despair. He was able to make money even though he couldn't work...He didn't let anyone stop him! If it could be done, he found a way to get it done! So, in closing, remember that your situation could always be worse, and if you ever feel like giving up, HOLD ON and remember that it could be worse.
Don't let anyone stop you! Keep on fighting til the fight is done! I'm going to miss my brother and I don't want to say good bye but I have no choice when you think about it. The bottomline is B-Free is finally free!
Until we meet again...
Now that's straight up talk!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this...I've been struggling with this same issue and I most definitely want to make sure I handle it correctly because I know eyes are on me watching my every move. As a people, we've been ones to suppress our feelings rather than get them out on the table and I think it has been to our detriment because due to our silence we repeat the same mistakes over from one generation to another. Thanks for keeping it real Pastor Rich, I appreciate it. oh, I'm sorry I meant to say B.Real (it's gonna take me a minute to get with the name change, even tho I really feel it!)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very well written! Thanks for being so expressive. I can't tell you how I have struggled with this issue this entire week. Thanks and keep being real B.Real! You're always going to be Pastor Rich to me! lol

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying good bye is never easy. We have the blessed assurance that this is not the end. Our friends and love ones have been taken away to a better place and we must rejoice in knowing that they know Him who has conquered death, hell and the grave.

Be blessed,
SMD

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters