Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Know Thyself

Monday, May 16, 2005

Know Thyself

Each day that the Lord gives us is a day to reflect upon how far we have come along this journey of Faith. Today is a new day and we can’t forget where we’ve come from. It’s been a rough journey thus far, and I don’t know about you, but I’ve been through so much that I’m not willing to do anything that will cost me the place where I am today. I’ve gone thru enough hell that I’m able to look at what used to hold me back and turn my head away from it with no serious desire to go back. I couldn’t always say that…but I had to run out of my own power and accept the power of God. I used to want to be half in the world and half in the church, but that’s not what God was looking for. As much as I wanted to live totally for the Lord because I knew that He had ordained a powerful destiny for my life. I mean, although I saw the potential, I didn’t think, honestly, that I was adequate for the task. Do you understand what I’m saying? I didn’t think that I was capable of living a life victorious. In other words…I didn’t believe I could do it! But God has shown me that I can do it if I say I can!

You’ve got to know that you know that you know…who God is. That’s why it’s been difficult in your life…that’s why it’s been rough…that’s why he’s allowed your friends to walk away from you…that’s why He’s allowed you to go thru the strife that you’re going thru now! When I remember what I came thru, when I reflect on the pain and torture…the loneliness…the silent tears…the weary days of walking around feeling rejected and forsaken…when I reflect and see how the enemy deceived me and almost had me walk away from my inheritance…it fuels me to keep pushing forward NO MATTER WHAT! Not necessarily for me, but for the next generation! I think of those who are coming up behind me, whose lives are connected to mine who will suffer if I don’t make the decision myself to get up and make a difference. I’ve got to do it…I can’t wait on anyone else to do what I know God is calling me to do…what about you? What is your decision going to be? Are you going to stay in the past and keep your own self from walking in victory and allow an entire generation to be worse off just because you can’t get past your pride? Or are you going to take authority and realize your full potential? You are more capable than you give yourself credit for but…the choice is yours!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got wind of your website and as I read through several of your articles, I thought, among other things, "great to see, yet again, inspired youth in ministry" which seems to be represented through the heart and expressed through the words. In addition, I wondered to myself, with all the so-called new information that is commercially available now-a-days in what has been suggested as the close of the "information era" and the begining of the "awakening" (i.e. information identified as missing books of the Bible, among other sacred texts) whether this ministry is coming from strickly a religous foundation as conveyed with what information was only available before these "so-called" recent discoveries (of the religous nature) or are there other scholastic influences which contribute to the ministry.

Not so much that by studying more books one is living in the past, but that the past holds the key to our future and that the words of those whom have lived a past in ministry, their lives are not continued in vain.

Gods children, wheteher it is acknowledged or not, are just that, Gods children! And the youth today, while they may seem disconnected from anything other than the mundane, that may not neccessarily be the case. It may very well be a disconnecton from all the religous jargon they and us all have grown up hearing in conjunction to all the hypocrisy that seems to accompany it either in message, authorship or other. Call it a divinely instinctive denial of half-truths that as a human race have reaped among other, vicious cycles of repeating past mistakes which continue to haunt us.

And then I thought, these questions/comments may be taken as subversive or an attempt to discredit someone. When in fact it is not that at all.

So I will conclude with this. I only hope that it is agreed that the youth do not deserve and I doubt they are are interesed in more mysteries and more hypocrisy about them and their creator. That was not the intention!

God Bless

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters