Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Make Life Count

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Make Life Count

Today I have to take “it” slow! I can’t be in a rush. I have to allow myself time to breathe and assess what took place yesterday. I don’t want to go through life in a high-speed chase and not be able to enjoy it! I believe that’s the tragedy of life that so many people are faced with. They live to accomplish…to graduate from the best schools…to marry the finest…live the most lavish…drive the hummer…travel and see the greatest attractions…and for what? What does it mean to do all of these things if you’re not at peace on the inside? The more and more I come in contact with people who are “successful” in the American way of success…the more I don’t want to be associated with that type of success. Success to me is being at peace. Success is feeling a sense of pride about finishing a task that others told me I couldn’t complete. Success is being satisfied with where I am today! Taking time out of my busy, hectic schedule to sit down and just EXHALE!

Throughout my sojourn in life I don’t want to be A PUBLIC SUCCESS BUT A PRIVATE FAILURE. Life is too short to be concerned with what others think of me. I heard on the news this morning that someone was killed in a traffic accident on his or her way to work. The person that was killed obviously had no idea that today was going to be the last day that they walked this earth. I couldn’t help but wonder what possibly could have went through their mind as the life was snatched out of them…it makes me wonder. Life is too precious to be encumbered with the things in life that don’t matter. Today is no different than any other day and it is whatever I make of it. If I say it’s a horrible day, then it’s a horrible day. Things may not go my way, but it’s still going to be whatever I say. The bible tells me “death and life is in the power of the tongue.” So I have to take the authority that has ALREADY been given and make this day a good day by speaking it into the atmosphere. I am not promised tomorrow. Hell, I’m not even promised to see this evening, so I have to, in the famous words uttered by Leonardo DiCaprio in the motion picture, Titanic, MAKE IT COUNT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters