Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Don't Take the Bait

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Don't Take the Bait

Out of all the days for drama to erupt in my life, this has to be one of the worst! I’m too busy for this, there are too many things going on and I feel like I’m in a constant battle over nothing but DRAMA! This week has to be one of the most hectic weeks and it’s during this time that I’m finding out who my real friends are. It’s quite unfortunate that I couldn’t find out during times of comfort and convenience. NO, that would be too much like right…rather, I have to find out during times of challenge and controversy just who is a friend and who is an enemy. It’s rather sad, of course, because I don’t need this sh## in my life right now. I’ve got one deadline after another and the last thing I need in my life is the sound of heckling hens in my ear.

To make matters all the more worse, a relationship that I thought I had dealt with came springing back into my life and all I could say is WHOA!! I mean, this relationship has been over, this was way back when I was in school and I thought that the soul tie was SNIPPED. That is, until I heard their voice on the phone yesterday. All I could say is DAMN! Feelings came from nowhere and all I could say is, “God, if you don’t help, it won’t be helped!”

This is the type of real life drama that I have to contend with on a day-to-day basis and I can’t allow myself to get arrogant and think that I got everything together because if I do, that’s when I’m going to land flat on my butt! I’ve got to be reminded daily that my strength doesn’t rest in me. I am not strong. But, my strength is in the Lord! That’s how I deal with the drama from work, the Lord. That’s how I deal with the never-ending drama at church, the Lord!! That’s how I deal with the everlasting drama of relationships, the Lord. If I wasn’t wrapped up with the Lord I would have lost my mind because I truly have to be real and say that this is the week that somebody would get cussed the hell out! That’s how tired I am right about now.

This past Sunday, the message at church was entitled, Don’t Take the Bait! I can take that any, which way, depending on the circumstance that I want to address. However, for the sake of continuity, I’ll only use what I’ve addressed today so far. Don’t take the bait is remembering in relationships that there are people that are sent on assignment from the enemy to get you off course. I see it day-in and day-out, especially with a lot of my brothers. They fall for the first slut that hits the door and it’s amazing and I’m humbled because I used to be the exact same way! Don’t take the bait is remembering that the people at your church are acting as agents of the enemy not for your down fall but for your unveiling! The drama is being sent to work patience. No matter how many deadlines I have, I need and have to keep in my mind that it’s making me stronger. I don’t know about you but patience is something that I need to work on because I’m quick to lose my temper. I’m quick to cuss you out! Don’t take the bait, Stand! Stand knowing that your hope is built on the Lord! I have a saying that I say all the time, GOD AND GOD ALONE!

During this time of transition, know that God and God alone will see you through. Don’t’ get weary and allow anyone to cause you to forfeit the prophesy over your life. The challenges that have been sent, the trials and tribulations have come your way have done so to make you strong, to build character, to prove you so that you can go to the nations and be a true representative of God’s goodness and His mercy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right On Time! THANK YOU

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I tell you that your message was right on time for me , I truly mean it. Not so much the part about the past coming back to haunt you or anything lust related, but moreso how you said some folks in the church have been assigned to throw you off track.
I am really irritated and somewhat pissed but “I won’t take the bait!!!!”………

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to break down and cuss somebody out today...but I read your blog. Thanks Pastor Rich

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you wrote today is so true! I just pray that one day I will be able to get out of my situation and move on with my life. I know that God has someone out there for me and I know that I will God have worked on me and have me ready when I do meet him. I will admit that I took the bait a loooooooooooooog time ago and now I am trying to get rid of it(smile). But, out of that bait I have a handsome young man and I wouldn't change that for the world. I hope that what you are going thru will soon pass and that you will be able to move on in your journey

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters