Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Expect Anything

Monday, September 26, 2005

Expect Anything

Like many of you, sometimes I really get tired…I get weary…I think that it shouldn’t take all the extra drama. But, what do I do? On this journey, I’ve encountered many different scenarios but they’ve all made me into the person that I am today. What is going to come of this? Maybe a time of consecration or a time of preparation; but the question is preparation for what? Preparation for what’s next!

Tomorrow is not promised, but if I am completely obedient along this way, He promised that through all the trials and tribulations that I go through; he’d be right by my side. It becomes quite difficult to constantly be bombarded with circumstance after circumstance. One after the other, while at the same time still pushing forward through the mire to see what’s going to happen next. I’ve learned a lesson, or at least I think I’m learning a valuable lesson on this journey, which is to PUT MY TRUST IN NO MAN, ONLY GOD!

I can’t say that betrayal is something I expected because I’d be lying, but if Jesus was betrayed, why am I complaining? I did say that “I wanted to be like Christ,” so betrayal goes along with the territory that I’m walking on. Although it’s rough to see those I love turn away, I’m yet encouraged to stay in the fight! No “2bit 4bit 6bit” a dollar punk is going to get me to turn around and forsake my purpose and destiny…HELL NO! God told me that this journey would be fierce and to hold on to Him NO MATTER WHAT because it would get rocky! The tripped out thing is I’m more encouraged today than I was yesterday because I believe that there is a lesson behind each trial. And as I journey to discover the great mystery of God, the unknown, I understand full well that it won’t be without pain and suffering, I know this full well, but I’m yet one step closer to my goal. A closer walk with Him! That’s my quest anyway…a closer walk with Him?

I looked at the calendar and realized that it’s the ninth month of the year. Nine months is a complete cycle for a child to be born. A couple of years ago, one of my young people was giving birth to a child. What does a childbirth represent? It means that a cycle has come full scale and is now complete. For some people it was quite uncomfortable and for others it was a time of great awakenings...wherever you are on your journey…know this day that the cycle is almost over! The ninth month is here and if I were you I would be expecting ANYTHING!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you Pastor Rich, this is a time where anything can happen. I've lost a lot of people that I "thought" were my friends, all because I wanted something more out of life. Oh well, I've come to see who my real friends are during my trials. Thanks again, this word was confirmation for me.

Louis B

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm expecting ANYTHING and I look forward to see what God is going to manifest. You do such a good job revealing the complexities you face in life. You have no idea how much you help thousands of people across the globe with this blog. I forward it to my friends everytime you send something. You would think that I met you before, but I look forward to seeing you on television or syndicated on the radio soon! God Bless you sir, I know God has your back.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seasons change and I expect anything to happen as well. Great blog. I agree with the anonymous blogger, you should be writing for a national magazine or have a talk show because you talk about stuff that is in my mind but i never no how to put it in words. thank you for your boldness to defy the perceptions of my preconceived mindset.

LM Zachary

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the word of encouragement! I've been dealing with this very thing. I thought I was all by myself.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is interesting because I too deal with trust issues not knowing who I can or can't trust! Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective with the "bigger" picture.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters