Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: God is Faithful

Thursday, September 08, 2005

God is Faithful

If I can’t say anything else, God is faithful. Yesterday, the 7th of September, marked seven years that my father passed this life. I remember it like it was yesterday, but what I reflect on the most is God’s hand of protection. I literally thought that I was going to lose my mind when I found out my father had passed. I thought the end of the world had come and I didn’t want anything more to do with anything. Really, I made it appear to people as if things were okay, however, inside I was a wreck. Maybe I’m the only one who went through this but my daddy was everything to me. The older I became, the closer we got. We would talk everyday about aspects of life and we developed a friendship although I never ever forgot that he was my father. Looking back today and seeing how far I have come, the only thing I can say is God is faithful. He told me that He would never leave me or forsake me. Although there have been many days along this journey called LYFE that I have wanted to give up because of the despair that I felt, the Sacred on the inside of me, had to overcome my secular mindset to get me to see that I was not forsaken. As much as I wanted to kick and scream and complain and vent, which I do on occasion, it couldn’t take away from my discovery of God’s infinite wisdom and plan for my life. God is good and He is faithful and He is all knowing. I can really go on and on about His goodness and kindness because I was about to walk away from him seven years ago because I was so angry at Him for deciding to take my father away from me. I blamed God I wanted to say that I hated Him; I was completely upset because He didn’t do what I wanted Him to do when I wanted Him to do it and exactly the way I wanted it to be done.

I discovered that God’s plan is so much different from my plan and my object in life is to take my plans and lay them at the foot of the cross. This is what I discovered from the harsh reality of walking through life without my father. Through the pain of losing a loved one I discovered how much I need the Lord in my life to help me. The passage of scripture that I reflected on during that time was found in the book of Isaiah when King Uzziah died and the prophet Isaiah said, once the king was dead, that he also saw the Lord…

I can’t help but ask if it took my father’s passing for me to see God? Hmmm…it’s something to think about. The harsh reality of life is when things are going good; we rarely feel a dependency on God. It, unfortunately, takes death and sickness and disappointment and heartache and disaster to realize how the flesh that we are wrapped in is insufficient for this world we live in. In order to make it and live the abundant life that God desires we must find ourselves wrapped in Him, the all-wise and true God, the Creator, the Father and Giver of Life. I found, through tragedy and disappointment, that God is…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Rich,
I really feel you on this one. Having experienced much close personal loss myself, I surely relate. It’s an odd lesson that comes with a hard pill to swallow but in death and suffering we do find some of God’s greatest lessons for living life. Particularly in the midst of the suffering going on right here in American now – God is speaking.

From major catastrophes of ‘biblical’ proportion as Katrina, to the loss of an individual family member, what we find is that God’s plan is so much bigger than any one of us. Yet at the same time He loves all of us so much, until He died himself for ‘any one of us.’ He so loved the world until he gave his only begotten son.

The wages of sin is death. That is part of the foundation our gospel is built upon. From the moment of the Fall in Adam – death began. Our only reconciliation to LYFE again is thru Christ. So until Christ comes again – we will see death and suffering in this earth. It is a consequence of sin – and not necessarily a particular sin of an individual but a consequence of the sin of mankind that was delivered thru Adam.

So I would say - remain a soldier and praise God because I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

LOL
Minnie Lee

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Rich,

I must say Amen to this one. It is so true that we often have to either loose someone or something close to us or have some type of traumatic experince in order to really see how much we need God. We go about our days, weeks, and months not really trusting in Him and seeking his face. The blessing in this is the fact that He never leaves nor forsakes. Perhaps we are all selfish or so myopic in our approach to life that we find it difficult to enjoy all that He has provided and still give Him the attention He deserves. Who knows, but I too am witness to God's FAITHFULNESS.

Porter

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters