Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: HE Saved the Best for Last

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

HE Saved the Best for Last

As I was driving into work this morning, I began to hear the song that was sung by Vanessa Williams entitled, "Saved the Best for Last." Instantly, I could feel my inner-self coming alive because I was being reminded within my soul that no matter how bad things may look like or how often people try to block you from advancing, GOD, not man, saved the best for last!
Man cannot block or hinder you from advancing when it is your time! Receive that this day and understand that during this season of transition that the entire world is going through, it's YOUR time to come forth! I know you're probably like me, I've heard this in church so often that I've kind of become immune to the statement almost to the point that all I looked at it as was a real nice song! But this morning there was something different about what I was hearing. It was as if God, Himself, came out of eternity into time and got into the radio and used the song to speak directly to me! The funny thing to me is that I don't even really know the words to the rest of the song, the only thing that came playing and RE-playing in my spirit was HE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!
To some of you this may not mean anything, but there are a lot of questions that I reserved for the Lord in questioning why things happened the way they did in my life and in the life of my father before me. And this statement, HE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST, answers a question that resounds in my life with purpose because I was determined to NOT be a victim of other people's expectations! I was determined that my life wasn't going to be a repeat of many of the things that my father went through and kept silent about! That's not me...I don't shut up when I smell manipulation, contempt, and others who are insecure trying to flex and control me and my actions! So, like many of you, I am always asking the question, WHY? Why are things like they are? Why are people always trying to make me think I'm the problem? Why can't I just be who God ordained me to be? Why can't people just leave me the hell alone so that I can grow and mature into the man that God would have me to be? And the answer came back to me, and I pray that you receive it as well, HE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!
It was all a test to see if you'd lose heart and become discouraged. It was just a test to see if you'd give up and throw in the towel but I want you to be encouraged today that God hasn't forgotten you because HE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!
Now that's straight up talk...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, on a day like today, I was just about to quit my job when your blog came through Pastor Rich. You really encouraged me and for that, I thank you! I pray that God continue to use you.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters