Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Hurt People Hurt People

Monday, June 26, 2006

Hurt People Hurt People

As you go throughout your life, please understand this one thing…hurt people, hurt people. I say this because it will allow you to understand not to take things so personal as many people have. This sort of thing happens all the time, and many of you may be like me, I'm one who can be quite retaliatory when someone does or says something that offends me. I am, personally, working on my tongue constantly because I refuse to allow others to get away with anything when it comes to either "telling me off" or trying to manipulate situations to end up on top! I can't explain what happens to me but I totally lose my cool, send an email to voice my anger, or will flat-out call and tell the person myself!
Now, what I should do when hurt people hurt me? First and foremost, you have to keep your mind focused on the bigger picture. The bigger picture has nothing to do with the insecurities of those who try to hurt you. Furthermore, you have to understand that the attack is not personal; that there are other issues involved that need to be addressed that is causing them to attack you.
The second thing you have to do is remember that everybody hasn't been called to walk where you have been called to walk. You can’t allow yourself to get distracted with minute issues that people bring your way. It’s a set up to get you to take your eyes off of the prize of the higher calling – THE BIG PICTURE. It's hard to do but with all that's in you, you have to go for the gold! Strive to do greater! Determine within yourself to achieve greatness, do not, by any means settle with mediocrity. For those who are walking with the Lord, it is said in the word of God that you would endure many trials and tribulations so you have to be of good cheer because in the end, if you do not lose heart, you will reap a wonderful “harvest.”
The third thing is that you and have to understand that they don't mean to hurt you but they can't help themselves because they have obviously either refused to admit that they've been hurt and have problems trusting, which cause them to do crazy and stupid things which offend you or they know that they're hurt but they don't want to accept the fact and strive for inner healing.
Either way it goes, understand that hurt people hurt people and in order to NOT become someone who hurts others, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you deal with any insecurities you have and confront them honestly so that you don't push those who are in your corner away! Unfortunately, many people are guilty of this and they don't realize it until it's too late! ACT NOW before it’s too late!
Now that’s real talk…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOOO TRUE!!! I was guilty of doing this and through spiritual maturity and constant Inner Inventory, I too am learning to stay focused on the bigger picture! I must admit it is difficult to do and you do have to constantly check yourself, especially when someone does something to you that was done before that hurt you. You have helped me with this in many ways by pushing to look past the situation and deal with what "issue" of mine is God forcing me to deal with. I have gotten out of screaming how much I have been hurt and seriously concentrating on my healing, deliverance and walk to my destiny. If you don't, you are correct - you will want people to hurt (just to make them relate to your pain). I have learned through my spiritual growth and being under your authority as well as, the unseverable friendship that we have 1 - that there is no pain that I suffer that Jesus doesn't know about, that zHe didn't suffer for, or that I can't turn it around to understand what God's intentions were for it to come my way in the first place. This is straight up real talk. I speak from watching my issues taKe me from years of depression, constant suicidal thoughts - to an aspiring, soon to be wolrd known author of those very issues that were supposed to take me out! My (our Pastor) preached - " stop looking at the people of the circumstance and look at what Fruit of the Spirit God is trying to work out in you!!! Keep on keepin' on Rich!!!

Tee

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate and have just gone through an attempt to be hurt by someone else that is hurting. Fortunately my walk with Yahweh has prepared me for just these situaions and the like. There was a time when I would have lost it. But that isn't the case anymore. Just yesterday 2 family members throw insulting remarks my way. My first impulse was of hurt which soon turned to understanding of just how miserable these twopeople are. I have grown so much in my walk in the word and I have noticed the stagnation in these 2 folks lives. Not only these two but in others that I have recently been in conversation with. My first thoughts were of behovement,how they can still be stuck where they are. It's not my intention to judge so I don't, I quickly put a halt on that because it is written judge not lest ye be judged. I am so greatful for the growth, some of which shocks me because I hadn't noticed all the growth. But when things happen as they did to me yesterday I was shocked myself at how well I handled it. I didn't get angry, didn't lash out, didn't even attempt to try an make these people realize that what they said was hurtful and not true. I was so calm and at peace and felt so bad for them. I told my husband who was sitting right there what they had said to me. I had been having a wonderful conversation with these two on the phone,(two seperate phone calls)and I was listening to all their problems and the way they were talking negativity about others and this was upsettleling to me but I held my peace,listened with much dismay as to what I was hearing. I told my husband that I was thereso I got the hurt that was very unexpected,and meant for someone else. These 2 wantaed to unleash on someone else but I was there so I got it. I am so thankful for the calm and peace that came over me after the initial shock of what had just happened to me. I was so surprised when I got this email from Minister Tab Willaims. I was checking out the website and links when I came across "Hurt People Hurt Prople. I was like what? What does that mean? So I started reading and low and behold, my situaion. It is inspiring and very helpful. It confirms the growth I have seen in myself and even growth I didn't even know I had been blessed with. I completely understand what they are going through and completely forgive them. They probably don't even know they hurt me. Thanks to Yahweh the hurt went as fast as it came. I have a vision for my life and live it in the word daily. I pray these folks get some peace and calm in their lives. Life is way to short for what they are going through. I pray they find their way out of the bondage that holds them prisoners. And the bad part about it is they don't know it. Actually I had about 4 conversations back to back with various relatives yesterday and they all were the same. Stuck on being miserable, stuck on negative thoughts of others, nothing going right in their lives so on and so on. It weighs me down and I am at a place in my walk with Yahweh that it's not condusive of what I am trying to do and be today. I always talk positive to them, am always the one trying to get them to open their eyes (in a loving way and not a judgemental way), I am always trying to show them a better way but it is to nault. They see the change in me and they see Yahweh's light shinning in me. They know where I came from and they know how I came out of it. I pray they also find their way out of it. I pray that Yahweh continues to use me to the fullest in anyway He see's fit. I pray that they are also touched (make contact) I also read that. The way I have. In The Holy and Sacred Name of Yahshua. I pray this site is Be Blessed INDEED!!!!! And touch many as I have been touched. In The Name Yahshua.....Amen

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters