Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Live to the Fullest

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Live to the Fullest

Today began quite hectic because at the start I received a troubling call. Another brother within the fraternity that I'm apart of passed...SUDDENLY. Things like this can be cataclysmic in that there is nothing one can do to prepare. What do you do? I remember the day my father passed away...SUDDENLY and there was nothing I could do but come to terms with what had happened and begin my preparation to move on with life. Life is not fair! You can be here one day and in another hour, GONE...Just like that!
To begin my day with such shocking news made me ask some questions. Why am I hear? What purpose do I serve on this earth? Why do bad things happen to good people? When I see all the other people that God could have taken why someone who was a father, husband, brother to many, and friend? It's defining moments such as these that help me to regain focus and not sweat the little things in life. Because in the final analysis I am not going to live forever either so it makes me wonder if I'm prepared to go??? If the dearly departed could say anything to me today, I wonder what exactly would any of them say to me? What would they say to a world that spends its time majoring in the minors instead of focusing on the majors? What would they say if they had one last opportunity to give parting words...I can't help but wonder if they'd challenge us to LIVE TO THE FULLEST!
On this day, I challenge all of us to live each day that God gives to the fullest extent and not be encumbered with the intricacies of the comings and goings because they really don't matter. Keep in mind that there is a bigger picture in life and it has nothing to do with us individually but we each play a part in the destiny of the next generation. My thoughts and prayers are on those of us who remain...that we don't continue to be drunk with the wine of the world to the point that we forget the essence and passion in which we are destined to live. Let us live each day as if it is our last! Live to the fullest! Let those you love know that they are, in fact, loved. Let those who played a vital role in your upbringing and success know that their labors have not been in vain! Live to the fullest and die with no regrets!
Now that's real talk...06

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement Pastor Rich. Death hits so hard...no matter what you do you can never be prepared. I just experienced a trying time with the death of a close friend. It's so true that we have to live each and every day as if it is our last! Be blessed and keep pushing forward in your every endeavor. You are making a difference in the lives of many people. Very few people share so candidly. It's very refreshing.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters