Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: Who Am I?

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Who Am I?

There comes a point on our journey where this question comes up and baffles me each and every time. You get a sense of something greater but no idea what to do or how to bring it about. Well, this is where I am. I know that I was created to do more than just a nine-to-five. I know that I haven't gone through all the obstacles and the "protocols, policies, and procedures" of life for just nothing. There is something...But what? I can't quite put my hand on...What about you? Have you asked yourself this question lately? I woke up with this on the brain and can't help but wonder why I am here at this particular time in history. This is the stuff that keeps me living because I'm not satisfied with things the way they are because I know that I was created for so much more.
This is where I get into trouble because so many people think that because I'm not satisfied with things the way they are, that I must be arrogant or "stuck-up" or whatever the case...I don't care I'm just one who wants to make sure my life has meaning. The Reverend Caesar Clark was running a revival in Atlanta back in the day and opened up the revival with this quote that has stuck with me and continues to be the impetus for everything I do. "When I die, will it matter that I was even born?"
This question often brings paralysis to my mind and conceives in my spirit the tenacity needed to get up and give everything that I'm doing even more fervor than I've given. I can't die until I'm well ready and able to say that I've finished my course. I know that what I'm experiencing right now with the "wrangling" that I go through on a constant is only par for the course and what we all have to do is use the dirt that manipulation, power, and control throws our way for the greater good. You have to see things in a different light and remember that come what may, you were created for something greater.
Like I've said, don't sweat the small stuff, don't give people the power and control that they so desperately desire. It's not worth it because at the end of the day, they're the ones who have imprisoned themselves in their own minds. LYFE is what you make it. Dare to discover what the ALMIGHTY has in store for your life. I challenge you to look past the power struggle...Look past the manipulation...Look past the need from others to be in control...And see the big picture. See yourself for who you were created to be...Who am I? Who are you?
Now that's straight up talk...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B.Real,
What a polarizing question...a question that we all think about but I've never seen it come across the way you've painted it today. DAMN, excuse my french please but this truly has made me take a deep look within myself and look at everything from a whole different perspective! Thank you...
Jonathan

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ponder this question alot more now than ever before. This stage in my life is taking me through some valleys, that is pushing this question to the core. I thought I knew who I was/am, but I continue with daily struggles just like everyone else, sexuality, drugs, sex, marriage, family are all key to my being today, but what does it really mean? The decisions I've made in the past make me who I am, and until I can embrace that, I will always try and mirror something better for my own life, let alone the 3 to 4 generations depending on me to break generational curses. I have but one thing left to say, your blogs are superior and you really are helping pull some things out, that seem to go by the wayside. I am truly working on a holistic approach to who i am...physically, emotionally and spiritually, please continue to left the lost souls, such as I up in Prayer Daily....Love YA...Sis in Christ...KK

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't I hear something like this on Sunday? I'm so tired of the "Praise Him Now" messages...and the others like, "What's comin is better than what's been." I need something like this because it's real and relevant to where I am TODAY to help me re-position myself to get me where I need to go...not no praise him now. Shoot! Don't get me wrong, I am a praiser but I need a little more than that...I got praise down already.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is right where I am today and even deeper would be WHY AM I? So many pulls - so many pieces - so much at stake - bailing out isn't even an option anymore! Choosing to carry out His plan - but struggling to be clear on just what that is! But as you said - It must matter that I have lived when I die! Right?

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters